It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Nodules on finger joints

Hi,
This is my first time to post in the Arthritis section. I am 47 and have had aches and pains off and on. I guess I didn't think it was that abnormal considering my age and I am overweight. Its not anything I can't stand and doesn't really hold me back to do what I want. However, before Christmas I woke up and had these little lumps on two of my fingers that were swollen and sore to the touch. After researching on the internet, I found that it is called Hederens's nodes. I think I spelled it right. Its connected with osteo arthritis and they supposedly come and go. Does anyone else have this and do you take anything for it? I take glucosomine chondroitin and MSM because my husband does for arthritis in his feet. So I have taken this for about 3 weeks, but I know it will take longer to see if it helps. Thank anyone for advice!

Old 01-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #2
Veteran

Saka HB User
Re: Nodules on finger joints

My mum, who is 52, has nodules on some of her fingers too. She takes Glucosamine Sulphate. She has been taking it for quite a while now and she finds that it works well for her. My dad has started taking it too and he also says it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

Hi, I don't think I have the nodules you describe but the bones on my knuckles look somewhat sticking out and pushed to one side. I can't explain it, but I can see a change in the way my hands look.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:39 AM   #4

Virgo30309 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorri
Hi, I don't think I have the nodules you describe but the bones on my knuckles look somewhat sticking out and pushed to one side. I can't explain it, but I can see a change in the way my hands look.
I have the same problem with my fingers. It started with one finger, now, several other fingers are doing the same. Have you sought any help for yours?

Old 02-09-2004, 07:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo30309
I have the same problem with my fingers. It started with one finger, now, several other fingers are doing the same. Have you sought any help for yours?
I had tests done for arthritis and they don't show anything major. My GI told me that my joint pain is crohn's related and from long term prednisone withdrawal. Why my fingers look like this is questionable? I'll wait a while and have arthritis tests taken again. Let me know if you find answers to yours.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:30 AM   #6

ChilesHot HB User

Hi, I have nodules on my fingers too. Got them in my 20s, now 50. When they flare up and start hurting I take Tyenol. Also take glucosamine and MSM, which really does help.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilesHot
Hi, I have nodules on my fingers too. Got them in my 20s, now 50. When they flare up and start hurting I take Tyenol. Also take glucosamine and MSM, which really does help.
Tylenol does little for me. I am also taking glucosamine and chondrite, but that doesn't seem to be helping much either. My fingers are stiff all the time and painful upon bending.

Old 03-16-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User

i have the same problem i have nodules on fingers and they are twisting

Old 03-16-2004, 03:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedandconfused1
i have the same problem i have nodules on fingers and they are twisting
Sounds like it may be RA. My knuckles and joints on my fingers got larger and crooked but now that some of the pain has subsided, it seems like my knuckles stick out less although they still seem to be somewhat deformed.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:42 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

my nodules are just below my finger nails have had them for few years my fingers are twisted from knuckles to tip and fingers are swelled twice the size they hurt so bad am taking plaqunil and bextra baby aprin and have had no relief have been going through so many test and still going through test have quiet a few things wrong is there anything u took or did for relief

Old 03-16-2004, 07:54 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, as far as medication is concerned, because of another medical condition could not take anything stronger than Tylenol which did nothing to help with the pain. I now take Lakota Joint Roll-On which does seem to help. It took several days before it worked but now I can bend my thumbs with minimal pain. I also find there is less swelling in my finger joints. I'm in Canada and buy this product at Wal-Mart. I've read that RA doesn't always show up with your first blood test and sometimes requires several before RA is diagnosed.

Old 03-17-2004, 05:51 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

thank you i will see if i can find it at wallmarts

Closed Thread