It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2002, 02:03 PM   #1

shaethebutterfly HB User
Post HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Okay heres the thing, I have had Juvinile Rhematard Arthritis since I was 5. I had the options of taking medication that would stunt my growth, or put screws in my legs when I turned 18 after all my growing is over with.. Well my mom said that we wont do either, which is fine with me. I take arthritis tyelnol or bayor for women. .But it isnt working anymore and I am really starting to hurt badly, to the point i cant sleep and get it out of bed the next morning. or when i sit down my legs have to be straight out or i cant move for an hour.. What can I do.. what should I do. anyone know ?? please help me.

------------------
Looking for ways to help my mom.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:52 PM   #2

claujuh HB User
Smile

um, find a good doctor? a rheumatologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2002, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

To understand JRA, I found this .gov link that might help.
[url="http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/juvenile_arthritis/juvarthr.htm"]http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/juvenile_arthritis/juvarthr.htm[/url]

Since JRA is so difficult to understand, a good doctor is very important. If you would like to look at natural healing as an alternate or complement to conventional treatment, you could try natural foods. I have no idea if natural foods would help your condition, but you might want to explore it more. Eating natural foods means avoiding all processed foods like cakes, ice cream, soda, donuts, candies, pastries, crackers, cookies, and chips etc.

You could also look at herbs. I started with some very mild ginseng herbs that I bought packaged in tea bags - just one cup of tea a day - usually in the evening. If those herbs helped, then you could review other herbal teas too.

Also with your diet, see if you might be allergic to certain foods. You could also have strong reactions to some household products or environmental toxins. With some safe experimentation (by eliminating the use of some household products, for example) you might find some good results. Basically, what I'm saying is look at the natural side of things, to give your body the best opportunity to get better.

Check this out with your Mom and see what she says. I don't believe that it would be harmful to try eating more healthy foods. Have you been doing that already?

Old 06-19-2002, 02:40 PM   #4

klcl HB User
I have found that with my RA,tomatoes will immediately have a reaction in my joints, not to mention the following day! Also, chocolates, white potatoes, and like the other person said, all those junk foods. I found certains ones to affect me by experimenting. Hope you can find relief, I really feel for your mother, I was in the same spot.

Closed Thread