It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2002, 10:19 PM   #1

DarkStarWon HB User
Post Groin pain

I keep getting a pain in my pelvic/groin area. When I walk it isn't bad, but when I move a certain way, like side to side or go to turn, my right pelvic area right above my thigh just gives out. Sometimes I almost fall down from the pain. Luckily my other leg takes over and keeps me up, but it is just for a second I get this pain. Then my groin will ache. Could this be my hip joints causing this? I'm afraid I'm going to fall one of these days because my leg will just give out totally on me. I'm only 49 so not all that old, but all my joints bother me. Anyone else with something similar? Thx

Old 06-27-2002, 05:42 AM   #2

kibble HB User
Thumbs up

Yes. I have advanced RA (diagnosed this past November). I am 43, have hubby, 2 kids under 9, an 1 infant, and prior to lay-off last year ...worked full-time 21+ years. I thought it was a form of bursitis...but come to find...the RA affected both hips within the groin. It's sudden and painful. I am athletic (or was!) and my inability to move/dart quickly took some getting used to. Not because I lost coordination...but the rapidity of sudden movemnts/quick change was too much for the joints during flairs...so pain/falling. I take a TAI-CHI approach to movement more often than not these days. I call it "turtle-ing"...it's slower, but steady and it works...no pain most times. It's a pain to have to think about simplest movement and how to maneuvre without pain ... but you get used to it. Hang in there. Have you seen a rheumatologist? If not...GO NOW!! This condition usually doesn't go away and tends to worsens rapidly without treatment. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2002, 06:38 AM   #3

DarkStarWon HB User
Yes I saw one about a year ago because I thought I had fibromylagia.....he did an RH test on me and it was fine,,,but at the time I didn't have this problem, it was more pain in my hips on the sides. I didn't realize your hips are also in the groin/pelvic area....This comes and goes...which is why I always think I've pulled something, but yet it doesn't feel like a muscle pull..it's very hard to describe. Not an unbearable pain, but just enough to get your attention. I can't think of anything that might have brought it on. I walk on a treadmill but have done that for 5 months now with no problem, in fact just walking doesn't hurt, it's certain twisting movements or if I've been sitting awhile. I just hope I don't get to the point that it comes even when walking as I am trying to lose weight and really need the exercise. My fear is a hip replacement ,,,that's all I think about.....and the last thing in the world I want.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
(female)

plgdin HB User
Re: Groin pain

A Total Hip Replacement is not as bad as you are imagining, it sure beats the pain I have been exeperiencing for the last 3 years.
Now the only thing that hurts is my groin and I think it is because I tried to go too fast on my PT.

Closed Thread