It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Sinnrah HB User
Post Pain in My Hands

Hi Everyone,

I never thought I would be posting here but I think I may have beginning stages of arthritis. I have an aching pain in my left hand. It sometimes wakes me up. I just turned 31 and am kind of freaking out about it. I mean I have used my hands for typing etc...for jobs. I did not know if it could be carpal tunnel syndrome(spelling) or actually arthritis. It hurts in my pinky finger and feels like it is in my bones...and in my index finger. I do pop my fingers, neck, back, hips...well everything. I know that this is terrible....and that is why I think it is arthitis in my left hand.

Is there any over the counter medicine I can take to relieve the aching pain?

Sinnrah

Old 06-29-2002, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Well with carpal tunnel the pain is usually in the thumb, index and middle finger, with ulnar nerve pain the pinky and ring finger are involved. If you do alot of typing it is possible to have carpal not all symptoms are there and people react differently. I had carpal and ulnar nerve damage. It could be arthritis but seriously doubt it at your age, this type of pain can also come from the neck or shoulders so it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2002, 05:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sinnrah HB User
Thanks for replying..I am going to go soon. My husband said to make an appointment also. But, I did not think it was uncommon for someone my age to have arthritis. Like I said...I pop every bone in my body...so I thought maybe this was a contributing factor to my pain.

sinnrah

Old 06-30-2002, 05:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User
Don't necessarily think you are too young for arthritis. I am 29 years old and had similar pain the past 6 months (mine has actually moved to more joints now). I saw an orthopaedic surgeon and he ruled out Carpal Tunnel for me...so now I am off to see a rheumatologist and see if it is arthritis related. I'm not saying this to make you scared or anything, but arthritis has been diagnosed at all different ages - I've seen that a lot just from this site. But definitely getting your doctor's advice is the best thing you can do. Best of Luck!

Old 07-11-2002, 07:27 AM   #5

Skipster HB User
Hi there,

I too am only 29, and diagnosed last week. I thought I was initially suffering from RSI as I am a secretary, I was then told I had Tendonitus or a trapped nerve. However having a blood test revealed I had a very low rheumatoid count, and my grandmother has RA. I have very stiff/sore hands every morning, which has progressed from neck and shoulder pain, sore elbows, knees and feetwhich has now subsided since taking Devils Claw for just over 1 week and have noticed a difference. Its herbal and may be worth a try, as the Rheumatologist has suggested some very strong drugs that I am not sure I want to take.

Closed Thread