It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #1

bouttosplode HB User
Cool osteonecrosis..

hello everyone.

most times, i need to look up med terms.....not this one....

after receiving the fifth and final Hyalgan injection (which, i regret to say, did nothing but give me little temporary releif following each one), my rheumatologist and i were handed my last m.r.i. report.

i got to start reading as she cleaned up.

now, i believe my orthopod is convinced i need to head to the bone saw and get a new joint. rheumy wanted to try the shots. i think i need the joint. i think she was starting to think replacement.

when i asked her about seeing possible osteonecrosis in the report, she looked at it fast and left the clean up job. she came back in a few minutes and politely gave me the bum's rush (we had been chatting).

i won't see her again 'til i finish the esi's at my lumbar spine she sent me for (i've had one and it ain't looking promising.....).

am i paranoid, or is there cause for concern?

i couldn't tell from what i was able to find at medicinenet or ***** whether it'll be in other places.

anyone know?

thanks.....ed

Old 11-20-2003, 01:31 PM   #2

pooh52501 HB User
Re: osteonecrosis..

Ed

It really depends if your ON/AVN is trauma or steroid related. If steroid related you will have a window of about 10 yrs where it may appear in other joints.

check out the [url]www.nonf.org[/url] they also have listed a great support group.

I also have ON/AVN in my shoulder

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread