It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
Inactive

Lavender76 HB User
Post Question Re: Arthritis & DDD?

I have osteoarthris in several places, I also have degenerative disc disease in lower back, also spinal stenosis in my neck. Someone told me that her chiropractor said that arthritis and DDD are the same. I don't believe that discs flattening and drying out (ddd) is the same as arthritis. Of course it was a "chiroprator" saying it. I believe that chiropractors have their place, and I have gone in years past, but I wondered if any believed these are both the same. I don't agree on this. What do you think?? P.S. I know the chiro wants my business. I was told to never let a chiro get a hold of my neck now, also.

Old 08-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #2

Cheryl Ann HB User
Hi, I also have DDD and osteoarthritis, ugh, they are no fun and they are not the same thing. Hope this helps. I have also been told that I should avoid going to a Chiropractor, because of my DDD(degenerative disc disease).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #3

Rosarita HB User
Hi, I'm a fellow back sufferer too. It's my understanding the two are not really the same. I just can't explain it without sounding like an idiot. My problems are in my lower back and adjusting to this is really a mother******!!!!

My doc prescribed for me Voltaren (75mg/2X daily) and Darvocet for bt pain. I've already had diskectomies/laminectomies but I'm having to learn how to live daily by trial and error. The doctors tend not to give direct answers to direct questions. I don't mean to ramble. I'm beginning to believe it's in my neck also. Oh, joy...

Lastly, I wouldn't let a chiro treat my osteo. Call me a chicken but too many things can go wrong when adjusting the neck. Be careful.

Rosa

Closed Thread