It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #1

cris2 HB User
Question Is their anything for pain besides medication?

Ive been busy reading boards all of them everything you can an imagine. It is so wonderful to see the many caring people out there.I have replied to some the ones I do have some knowledge. For I was recently diagnosis in april for oa in both hips and have alot of other things. I want overload into which sometimes I cant help but do.

I was put on bextra it swelled up my feet/ankles.My doctor then gave me viox which does the same thing but not so bad.It does help me get out of bed in the morning. I still have the bextra when she gave me viox so i still alternate both because they are expensive and dont want to waste.Also take percosets which help alot but am concerned with getting addicted. Cause now I need to take 2 at a time for better effect.Have been taking for 3 months

Just wanted to maybe hear about some alternative medicines or therapy or other medications maybe I can call doctor and get because I cant afford to go back and see her anytime soon.

Also my doctor is a orthopedic doctor should I see a different kind of doctor when I get my assistence.

Thank you Cris
I have posted this message on another board figured try to get as much info as possible

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2003, 12:07 AM   #2

cris2 HB User
Unhappy

I guess not

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2003, 09:55 AM   #3

FlowerFairy HB User
Hi Cris,
I understand what your going through as I have arthritis as well. I guess everyone has their own limit as to how much pain they can tolerate so I don't condemn anyone for using pain pills,I say to each his own,however I prefer not to get strung out on pain pills b/c it's so easy to do. I can't take nsaids at all now b/c of a kidney problem which the nsaids may have contributed to. So for me,a nice long hot bath feels really good or liniment applied and my heated microwave corn pad. I also have a heated massage chair with white noise,etc which is wonderful and very relaxing. Too, I was told to use epsom salts in my bath and I tried it and it did help so I have done that a couple of times. Maybe someone can add to this as I'm always interested in safer methods for relief.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:22 PM   #4

lilah HB User
Hot baths have always been a good one for me - at least in the winter. Ice massage and ice packs also help as well as alternating hot/cold soaks.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:28 PM   #5

gappy1958 HB User
Lightbulb

HELLO, WAS READING YOUR ARTICLE, I HAD SPINAL FUSION AND I HAD SPINAL STIMULATOR IMPLANT FOR MY PAIN IN LOWER BACK AND LEFT LEG, IT HELPS A LITTLE BUT WAS EXPECTING MORE FOR RELIEF, ALSO WAS PUT ON ENBREL INJECTIONS FOR RA AND HLA-B27 TISSUE DISEASE.........HOPE HEAR FROM YA SOON

Closed Thread