It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2003, 01:48 PM   #1

Time HB User
Post Interested in talking to others with Psoriatic Arthritis

Would like to talk to others with Psoriatic Arthritis. Never met or known of someone with this disease. I can remember having this condition since I was at least 5 years old. Doctors used to say it was due to, "growing pains." The dry scaly patches were just part of it.
My condition has progressed beyond convential and experimental drugs (steriods, sulfates, methotraxate, embrel, remicade...). I was placed on disibility per physician advice about 3 months ago. Finding it hard to stay at home with nothing to do. Spend most of my time listening to audio tapes.

Best Regards,
Ely Salazar

Old 08-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User
I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about 20 years ago. I've had my ups and downs. Right now I'm on the Enbrel injections. That was working great until I had surgery 3 weeks ago and I think the surgery kind of traumatized my body and I'm now in a lot of pain. Hopefully it will pass and I will start to feel better again. The psoriasis is in remission. The only thing that cleared it up was going to a tanning salon. So it's been cleared up for over 2 years now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #3

Time HB User
Question

I have to sleep sitting up in a Lazy Boy chair due to my shoulders. Is this common or is there a miracle bed out there?
I continue to try different options and have tried an air mattress. I found it more comfortable than a conventional mattress, but only for about an hour at a time.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Best Wishes,
Ely Salazar

Old 08-15-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User
What about one of those beds that go in different positions? I can't think of the name of it right now. I have a waterbed but I still wake up a little stiff. I also have problems sleeping on a conventional mattress. Even the couch is uncomfortable. So I just make the best of it.

Old 08-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #5

chiannia HB User
I have never ran across anyone personally who has this form of arthritis, either. I was diagnosed by a rheumatologist 2 years ago at age 35. He knew that my family doc had ruled out some other autoimmune problems with traditional testing, took one look at the minor psorisis patches on my elbows and the minor pitting in my nails and gave his diagnosis. I began taking Vioxx, had to quit because of blood pressure problems, so my family doctor began prescribing Celebrex. I don't find it to work any better than plain ol' cheap asprin and ibuprofen, so that is what I rely on. Usually just taking extra time to stretch in the morning and not over exerting helps control some of the pain. However, the distortion of finger joints are beginning to show, along with some pain. When I thought I had fibromyalgia I checked into ordering a mattress pad called a 'Cuddle Ewe'... still thinking about getting one, in fact. Also, look at the new memory foam mattresses. My mom recently purchased a top of the line extremely thick foam topped mattress, sewn on like a pillow top. She says she sleeps better than she has in years. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by chiannia (edited 08-29-2003).]

Closed Thread