It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
(male)

rhyno8 HB User
Arthritic toe joint??

I have been having pain in my left foot big toe joint for about two months and then the same started on my right foot about 3 weeks ago. I went to the doctor and they thought it was gout but all the test said no go for gout. But the x-rays showed spurs on the toe joints. I dont know if it just involves the big toe or if others are involved (doc didnt say). I have an appointment with podiatry in about 3 weeks to see what is wrong. Anyone have ideas of what this could be. Now the other joints at the base of my toes on left foot are hurting, I thought it may be from walking with the weight on them instead of on my big toe. I dont have bunions or any arthritis that I know of. I am very active or was until i got the foot pain. I wear serveral different kinds of shoe including military boots (no choice there, part of the uniform). The pain seems to be more severe in certain shoes, but I am always in pain when I walk no matter what I am wearing.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #2

strbay HB User
Re: Arthritic toe joint??

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and one of the tell tale symtoms is sausage like digits...(fingers and toes) Not all toes or joints are hit at once however multiple toes can be affected... I have noticed that over time that the overall appearance of my feet has changed (bunion like appearance on the sides of my feet...) Psoriasis may or may not be present with psoriatic arthritis. i was diagnosised with one swollen finger and a dime size patch of psoriasis on my scalp.

athritis in your toes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno8
I have been having pain in my left foot big toe joint for about two months and then the same started on my right foot about 3 weeks ago. I went to the doctor and they thought it was gout but all the test said no go for gout. But the x-rays showed spurs on the toe joints. I dont know if it just involves the big toe or if others are involved (doc didnt say). I have an appointment with podiatry in about 3 weeks to see what is wrong. Anyone have ideas of what this could be. Now the other joints at the base of my toes on left foot are hurting, I thought it may be from walking with the weight on them instead of on my big toe. I dont have bunions or any arthritis that I know of. I am very active or was until i got the foot pain. I wear serveral different kinds of shoe including military boots (no choice there, part of the uniform). The pain seems to be more severe in certain shoes, but I am always in pain when I walk no matter what I am wearing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 08:59 AM   #3

strbay HB User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and one of the tell tale symtoms is sausage like digits...(fingers and toes) Not all toes or joints are hit at once however multiple toes can be affected... I have noticed that over time that the overall appearance of my feet has changed (bunion like appearance on the sides of my feet...) Psoriasis may or may not be present with psoriatic arthritis. i was diagnosised with one swollen finger and a dime size patch of psoriasis on my scalp.

Closed Thread