It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 12:43 PM   #1

luvmykids2003 HB User
Question Please respond...any experience these type pains?

I have been suffering for about three months now with numbness and tingling in my arms and legs (comes and goes). Now, for the past three weeks, I have been suffering from:

* Severe joint pain in wrists, fingers, elbows, shoulders, back, knees, ankles, and feet. It often feels "good" when I get these pains to "crack" my joints (example--when my wrist hurts, sometimes I can extend my wrist and "crack" it, and it feels better--like a release.)
* Muscle spasms and cramps
* Extreme exhaustion (can barely get through the day)
* Anxiety attacks
* Pains aren't as bad when I first wake up, but I can tell the pains are still there. Gets worse as day goes on, and is worse when I am laying down to sleep.

I have had an MRI that has ruled out MS at this point. I am so sick and tired of feeling so sick and tired. Does this sound anything like anything any of you have experienced?

Old 09-27-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
(male)

alb9 HB User
hi.Luvmykids
It sounds as if you have what the majority of people within this forum are complaining about.This arthritis is a difficult thing to deal with.
I had been tolerating mine for a dozen years or so before I had my first episode similar to the one you describe.Since then,4 years ago,I have tried most every pill and medical diagnoses(conventional and alternative)known to man.
I do think the best thing is to keep moving.As hard as it is to do every little bit helps.I have a great physio who has structured specific exercises for me.I do them every day-between 20 and 40 minutes depending how they feel.He emphasized to me-"Stop the particular exercise as soon as it hurts!"The theory is to build up some muscle mass without increasing the inflammation,I guess.It doesn't cure the root causes,and it doesn't seem like anything will,but it is great psychologically and physically.
I think the anxiety attacks must be our natural reaction to a totally unknown feeling.You just have to learn to accept the fact that the disease(whatever exactly it is)is there but that you can tolerate it.When it starts to hurt too much,lie down and try to relax.Sometimes that can do wonders.
I am going to a diagnostic clinic in 2 weeks to be tested for viral illnesses such as Lymes disease,Herpes voster-shingles,plus an assortment of infectious diseases(possibly tropical).I will keep you posted if anything comes up.
In the meantime STAY POSITIVE.
As bad as it sometimes seems it is not life-threatening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread