It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 11:59 PM   #1

Petite_Sharon HB User
Question What is wrong with me? Confused & Frustrated

Hello,
I am new here and hoping to find some information or just a little advice.

I am 33y/o & married. Last year 2002 June/July I got a sharp pain in my right shoulder, which then went to my left shoulder then developed in my left & right elbows then all my other joints. I become very fatigue have lost weight, am irritable, I have to lay down for a while. My worst area now is in my fingers which I am unable to do hardly anything due to the pain & inflammation.

I saw my local Dr.which he put me on anti inflammatory tablets, celebrex, naprosyn, voltaren, just to name a few, they helped for a short term then started to irritate my stomach, & have no affect. I stopped taking them. My Dr. then sent me to have blood tests done for ANA, ENA, RF,& ESR they all came back negative. Dr told me I have Seronegative Arthritis

Then I was sent to see a Rheumatologist January this year 2002 he checked me over thoughly & told me I have no evidence of arthritis. And just told me to take Panadeine for the pain.

My local GP was not sure what to do next as everything possible had been done, he was not listening to me properly when I was telling him I had developed more symptoms. (I think he was just waiting to retire as he did not care).

I saw another GP for a second opinion no help at all she looked over all my reports & blood tests & told me it might be something which I have to just learn to put up with (it's alright for her to say that she is not the one with the pain 24/7.) I did not go back.

I went back to my Dr. at least he never said that to me. July 2003 my Dr. decided to put me onto Prednisone 5mg twice a day, they were helping with the pain (what a relief it was). Then he retired which I did not know, found that out when I rang to make an appointment as I was nearly out of tablets.

September, Here I go again searching for another local GP. Found 1 he is nice he listened & took an interest in what I was saying.

*First he suggested that I go off Prednisone because of the harmful affects it can have on my body, so he weaned me off them as well as putting me on Plaquenil to see how I go. WOW was I going through a a rough patch felt like I was having withdrawal symptoms worse pain than ever CHRONIC That was just for 3 weeks went back Friday Sept 26. NOT THE BEST OF NEWS I RECEIVED. He has taken me off the tablets all together now & said to have an X-ray on my Left & Right hands as they are the worst & re-do the blood tests again. As I have only seen him 3 times now since he has seen no evidence of my fingers been inflammed he can't do really anything for me he stated "its just my word that I'm in pain & have inflammed fingers" it happens everytime I use my hands that my fingers become inflammed. I felt embarrassed & humiliated.

I have had the x-rays, blood tests will be done on Tuesday 30th September. Dr. suggested I may need a review with my Rheumatologist (I don't see what he can do if the tests show up negative again).

It will be interesting when I go back for the results.

I have had newer symptoms now sore throat & tired, being out in the sun I seem to have a flare up makes me tired & fingers flare up.

Sorry this has been so so long winded as I thought I would post all the details in full now from beginning till now.

I will post again soon, till then everyone take care.

Sorry once again

Petite_Sharon
(I am frustrated & confused)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread