It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Question RA - Food Allergy Related?

Hi! New to this section.

Was just wondering - as I had heard this in a couple places - if anyone has noticed that when they eat certain foods, your joints hurt more either that day or the next few days - especially if you have RA.

I notice when I eat eggs and sugar they hurt more.

Anyone with similar experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

nooyawker HB User
I have RA. I am of the belief that there is no relation between food and RA. However having said that, I have noticed I feel like crap if I eat Chinese (MSG?) or steak. Yesterday I started a vegetarian diet and will do for one month to find out once and for all. No meat, dairy or eggs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 04:51 PM   #3

Leanor HB User
Oh, big time, there is a food connection with me and my arthritis. If I eat tomatoes, potatoes, flour or sugar, I can't get out of bed. Has anyone read the book, Eating for your Blood Type? I found that almost all the no-no foods for my blood type make me hurt.

Old 09-30-2003, 06:45 AM   #4

AussieChick HB User
My dietician tells me most RA sufferers are O positive blood type. Anyone agree?? I've been advised step one of eliminating high risk foods is cut out wheat products and reduce sugar (which causes inflammation). Also avoid orange juice. Although i've also heard that red meat, dairy and night shade vegies can aggravate RA, he feels a systematic approach must be adhered to so that we can work out the exact triggers and these foods have vital nutrients (iron, calcium etc) i can't afford to give up at this point. It's interesting to note that he said in his line of work, it seems many people's favourite foods are actually the ones our bodies cannot tolerate. So chocolate, champagne and cheese will be a goner for me i guess.

Closed Thread