It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2003, 07:49 PM   #1

Petite_Sharon HB User
Unhappy Blood Tests Negative Again

Hi all

Just to let you know my blood tests & x-rays were negative again.

My Doctor is unable to do anything else for me now until they show positive, which I understand.

I am on no medication whatsoever now.
Life goes on, always someone worse off.

As hard as it is I guess now I just have to manage with my pain the best I can & keep smiling.

It's always good to talk to people with similar problems.

Regards
Sharon

Old 10-03-2003, 09:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Have you had a cervical xray to see if you have a pinched nerve from a bulging disc? Another option to consider. The neck can produce all those symptoms and then some if there is a bulging disc pressing on a nerve root. Ask your Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2003, 06:46 PM   #3

Petite_Sharon HB User
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't had a cervical x-ray. As I know that I don't have a bulging disc. I will keep it in mind

My husband suffers with a bulging disc his symptoms are totally different to mine.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:56 AM   #4
Inactive

naughteblonde HB User
Hey sharon,
I have similar problems with blood tests. I have massive inflamation but am negative for everything! I understand how frustrating it is, especially going through doctors who just dont want to hear or dont do anything. Personally my doctor is looking at reiters syndrome and Behcets syndrome as possibilities as both are seronegative. Have a look at the posts under the topic 'seronegative immune disorders' in the immune disorder board, maybe that will help. Keep smiling!
Anne H

------------------
'Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.'

Old 10-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #5

Petite_Sharon HB User
Hi Anne,

How are you today?

Thank you for your reply & help I will check it out.

It's good to hear from someone with similar problems. Hope we can keep in touch & chat. It sure is a pain in the butt when you know you have a health problem & nothing shows up & doctors don't believe you.

Take Care Anne

Regards
Sharon

Old 06-15-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
(female)

Deborah11 HB User
Re: Blood Tests Negative Again

Your dr. may never see a "positive." Sometimes the only way to diagnose BD is a biopsy of the affected area during a flare. My bloodwork was negative for 4 years. I came across someone who recognized the symptoms (her nephew had BD), and bingo...took it to my dr. (bloodwork still negative), and had a mouth ulcer and esophogeal ulcer biopsied, thus my definitive diagnosis. If you go to the American Behcets Disease Assoc. (they problably have a link to it on this site), they have a very comprehensive overview of BD.

I wish you well...take articles re negative bloodwork in BD to your doc and show him. Hopefully that will encourage him to look at a biopsy to determine it you have BD. He's stuck on the bloodwork like my doc was ~ they can sometimes get on a track and just not get it! Geesh!

Closed Thread