It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
(female)

starr21 HB User
Question arthritis???

Ever since i was a little kid i could remember my legs hurting really badly, especially when it was cold at night. I have had several sprained ankles but my parents never took me to the doctor for them. Now i get severe pains in my ankles all the way up to my hips. Never anywhere else just my legs. Is this arthritis or something else i overlooked?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2004, 11:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User
Re: arthritis???

Hi
Actually you need to ask a Dr about these problems since there could be many diff answers and only a professional, given all your symptoms, will know what DX to suspect and what, if any, test to order.

You've got to remember that legs and ankles are more than bones & joints. There is also connective tissues like cartilidge, legiments & tendons as well as muscles, blood vessels and nerves. Your problem does not sound like arthritis to me, but I am NOT a medical professional at all.

I wish you well and would like to suggest you make a written list of things to tell your Dr so you don't forget anything.

Last edited by snowmelts; 02-20-2004 at 11:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
Inactive

SnowyLynne63 HB User

I had the same problems with my legs as a kid.I was diagnosed with Osteo at age 26......

Old 03-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #4

kootie HB User

I also suffer'd severe leg aches as a kid.....the first thing I can remember about my life is the leg aches ! I'd cry half the nite alot of times and did that for YEARS......I also never was seen about it by a doctor till I was in high school. And then that was a foot doctor and he never even 'sudgested' any form of arthritis ever. He made a cast of my feet and charged my parents a ton of money for a teeny heel pad cuz he said my hips were a hair uneven. Never has any docs told me what caused the leg aches to this day.....I don't mention them much.....I seem'd to get them when the weather changed.....even now I can predict the weather better then the weather man. They don't seem to be quite as intense these days but I have arthritis in my spine and other form in my elbow. But I can get a leg ache just from a wet sock. Amazes me as painful as they were and as many times that I laid awake crying sometimes hyterically that no one thought anything of it back then. Course now I ache all over so maybe I just don't notice my legs as much ? Thanks..................

Closed Thread