It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

madison55 HB User
Question to anyone with hip arthritis

I have arthritis in both hip joints. I am a 48 year old female. I have been having some pain for about the last 2 months in the lower abdominal area, not down quite as far as the groin, but almost. I am trying to decide if this pain is coming from the arthritis. It seems reasonable that it could. Has anyone else had any lower abdominal pain associated with hip arthritis? Please let me know if you have. Thanks, Madison

Old 09-15-2003, 12:24 AM   #2

mochi HB User
i have hip arthritis also, but it is fairly recent and post traumatic. i have never had any abdominal pain, only inmy leg. i dunno what it could be good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2003, 03:01 AM   #3

GWTWfly HB User
I am 39 years old and run. I have hip pain too. But no lower ab******ble pain. At first, I thought I pulled a muscle. But that did not happen.

I do understand your hip pain. And it is not going away

Old 10-12-2003, 03:34 AM   #4

mochi HB User
GWTYfly, I was a long distance runner before I broke and dislocated my hip two years ago. I now have post traumatic arthritis, but really want to get into running again, doctors say no, but what do you think? What is your hip problem?

Old 10-12-2003, 04:10 AM   #5

GWTWfly HB User
Mochi-

The hip pain does not affect my movement. It hurts but I can still run. It does not hurt when I run. Right now as I sit on the computer- the hip is not hurting.

I had heard that if it hurts ( like arthritis) it is better to use it. The pain will go away.

I just don't understand the origin of how the pain began.

As for you and your hip and running: start with walking, then brisk walking and then light running. If you find that you are not stiff and you can handle it- I would try it. It must be hard for you these past two years- not being able to run.

Closed Thread