It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2003, 04:53 PM   #1

joannejerome HB User
Post chicken cartilage for RA

who has had success with the tablets of chicken cartialge - I was going to try CMO, took myself off methotrexate after 5 weeks. was told CMO would not work if my immune system was totally put to sleep as methotrexate would do. Am now on third day, will try this and if not going to CMO. want to know who else have tried these. Have had RA for 13 years, did the NSAID thing, take fish oil, all supplements, flax, tumeric, now doing the toxin cleanser to clean out the body and the joints, but want to know if there is anyone else taking this route. Cannot and will not take methotrexate. Once my immune system is depressed totaly, I will lose hope.

Old 10-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran

fm5 HB User
I would like to know also if anyone has tried this. I did read an article in a magazine on it. Is it on the market yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #3

joannejerome HB User
yes, I am on 9th day of chicken bio cell cartilage for RA. was on methotrexate for 6 weeks, did nothing, have had RA for 13 years very bad, NSAIDS not working, went on metho, too strong for me to even consider but did for neck, shoulder, wriste extreme pain factors. Finally am doing chicken biocel, am delighted after 9 days to say, I am only taking inflamaway, BIOCELL CHICKEN COLLAGEN (6 A DAY) and no nsaid, and no metho. I WAS IN DEPRESSION FROM MY PAIN AND HATED GETTING UP IN THE MORNING. am keeping diary of my daily pain etc. for I am my own guinea pig in this experiment. I am thrilled so far and if this does not work my next is CMO, which I have read so much about. SOUNDS ALSO VERY PROMISING. BIOCELL CHICKEN COLLAGEN WAS A HARVARD STUDY, READ UP ON IT ON THE NET (1995 STUDY) CONNIE CHUNG DID STORY ON INGREDENTS FROM PEOPLE IN CHINA WHO DO NOT AGE ON IT. APPARENTLY THEIR SKIN IS LIKE A BABIES. THEN I READ THE STUDY IN RELATION TO RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, JUST GO TO GOOGLE AND TYPE IN CHICKEN COLLAGEN, I study and read and read and study and will not REPEAT NOT ACCEPT THE DOCTORS GIVING OUT HEAVY 'SCRIPT DRUGS. They know the contraindications of these drugs, some don't even tell you about them........very bad. There are homeopathy methods out there. EDUCATE YOURSELF...
TAKE IT FROM ME. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. the one drawback on chicken collagen is THAT YOUR SKIN LOOKS BEAUTIFUL..........IF YOU WISH TO KEEP INFORMED ON HOW IT IS WORKING ON ME, LET ME KNOW. DON'T DO METHOTREXATE UNLESS THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LEFT. AS I SAID BEFORE, ONCE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS PUT TO SLEEP, YOU ARE IN CONSTANT DANGER, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED. IF RA DOESN'T GET YOU THEN, SOMETHING ELSE WILL.

Old 10-05-2003, 07:02 PM   #4

joannejerome HB User
HERE IS THE HEALTH SITE BELOW FOR CMO. [url="http://www.bestcmo.com/rheumatoid-arthritis.html"]http://www.bestcmo.com/rheumatoid-arthritis.html[/url]

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A TRIAL WITH THE BIO CELL CHICKEN COLLAGEN, BUT I HAVE LETTERS FROM THE NUTRITIONIST ON THE CMO AND HAVE SPOKEN WITH HER PERSONALLY, ON THIS. IF THIS CMO WORKS, WHICH SOUNDS WONDERFUL, IT IS FOREVER, WHEREAS THE CHICKEN STERNUM COLLAGEN (HYALURONIC ACID) would be on going in taking it. The site ABOVE explains all about taking it for rheumatoid arthritis, however, the big thing was if you are on methotrexate and have been for a while, IT WILL NOT WORK, BECAUSE SHE HAS GIVEN EVERYONE A REFUND THAT HAS BEEN ON THE METHO WHILE TAKEN CMO, BECAUSE UNFORTUNATELY, AS I SAID IN AN EARLIER POST, YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS TOTALLY DEPRESSED.

I CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE THOSE CONDITIONS EVEN THOUGH I DID BEGIN METHO FOR A FEW WEEKS ONLY, NOT ENOUGH I HOPE TO DO ANY DAMAGE, BUT I HAVE BEEN IN SO MUCH PAIN I WAS DESPERATE, DESPERATION AND PAIN WALK TOGETHER HAND IN HAND.

BUT I STOPPED IT AFTER LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES. DURING THE CMO PERIOD, NO ALCOHOL OR COFFEE IS TO BE TAKEN. SO, THERE ARE ALTERNATIVE CHOICES, DRUG FREE WITH NO SIDE AFFECTS, THE HYALURONIC ACID, WHICH IS CHICKEN STERNUM COLLAGEN OR THE CMO. DETOXIFYING YOUR SYSTEM MAY HELP ALSO WHILE DOING THIS TO GET THE LIFE LONG JUNK OUT OF YOUR JOINTS AND BODY...ANYWAY, I'M TRYING THE ONE AND IT APPEARS TO BE WORKING. GOOD LUCK TO ANY WHO TRY ONE OF THE ABOVE. AFTER READING SOME OF THE RA POSTS, I SEE A LOT OF RA PEOPLE HAVE SPINAL STENOSIS AS WELL, SO GUESS THIS IS ONE OF THE GREAT 'BENEFITS' OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND THIS IS WHERE YOU DO THE "lucky lucky me, dance".

I have that too!

Old 10-11-2003, 08:20 AM   #5
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Joannejerome: Thanks much for the info. I will check into it.

There is not a doubt in my mind that my rheumatoid arthritis came about when I was put on Luvox (an antidepressant). My joints hurt IMMEDIATELY after starting this medication. So, you know my opinion on what the standard medical community thinks.

I have tried alternative medicine in the past and very rarely have been dispappointed.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:57 PM   #6

joannejerome HB User
Well, it's been two weeks since taking Bio Cell chicken cartilage, plus natural inflamaway, which contains bromelain, pancreatin, etc. I am still taking tons of MSM daily and find that helps. Have not taken methotrexate now for three weeks and am a bit better than I was before taking metho. Is the cartilage working? I don't know. I am upping it to 4 a day now, but as long as I am not in terrible pain and can live with taking a pain pill for the spinal stenosis and one nsaid a day (bextra), I can live with what I have. Am also taking one germanium a day to keep up immune system. What with all my vitamins/minerals, etc. I take, I cannot remember when I last had a cold or even the sniffles. Will post when I try the CMO at first of year. Shoulders and neck still painful, but not like it was, but exercise first thing in morning is a must, even when it kills me, for every day when I get up it is painful in those areas, have to work it out - like imaginary swimming in a pool.

Old 03-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #7

laylalayla HB User
Re: chicken cartilage for RA

I don't know if you can see this after so long, but in my research on HA i found your message... you can get CMO and collagen together. I needed the ha for skin reasons but on one of their websites i saw cmo & ha in one product. here is the website but i couldn't order online... i had to call to order....[url]www.health-logics.com[/url]

thanks for your diaries... you have really helped people looking for alternatives to drugs, esp. me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannejerome
who has had success with the tablets of chicken cartialge - I was going to try CMO, took myself off methotrexate after 5 weeks. was told CMO would not work if my immune system was totally put to sleep as methotrexate would do. Am now on third day, will try this and if not going to CMO. want to know who else have tried these. Have had RA for 13 years, did the NSAID thing, take fish oil, all supplements, flax, tumeric, now doing the toxin cleanser to clean out the body and the joints, but want to know if there is anyone else taking this route. Cannot and will not take methotrexate. Once my immune system is depressed totaly, I will lose hope.

Closed Thread