It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 02:05 AM   #1
(female)

tiggie HB User
Post Is this arthritis or what else?

My bones/joints make terrible loud cracking and clunking noises all the time. I sometimes have to "clunk" my lower back before I can walk. I have tmj and I've had 4 knee dislocations just from sitting down on the floor and reaching a funny way.
My main concern now are my shoulders which i can feel grind together when i move them. It doesn't actually hurt as such more feels uncomfortable. It's worse when i sleep on my side as it feels like my shoulders might dislocate with any added pressure on them.
I'm 37 and feel too young for all of this. Is this a form of arthritis? If not what could it be and what can i do ? My general Dr. is not much help!
Thank you in advance

Old 10-11-2003, 02:58 AM   #2

GWTWfly HB User
I am young too and active. I run. I am only 39 years old. I have been fine until 1 month ago. Now- everytime I walk or go down stairs- my feet crack and hurt ( it is very painful) And yet- I am still able to run for over an hour. I am stiff though. Not the same
And my hip hurts too. But I can still run.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 02:11 PM   #3

sakhi HB User
Dear Tiggie

I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis am 28 years. Please make an appointment with a rheumatologist and get your symptoms clarified, please. Never ever assume cracking of bones to be an ordinary symptom.

The doctor will take a blood test and test for Rheumatoid factor, take x-rays if necessary. And then you would be put on medication as per your symptoms. R'ber it is so difficult to find the category of arthritis as there are 100's of them, most common being, Rh. arthritis, osteo and fibromyalgia.

It was difficult for me to accept my health condition esply when i get stressed and also the wintery weather conditions, but i think exercise, weight management will help a lot along with cheerful attitude.

------------------

Closed Thread