It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
Inactive

JoyceF HB User
Post Low Dose Naltrexone

I am currently taking low dose Naltrexone for my MS but I have read on the website that it helps with Rheumatoid Arthritis as well. I've been on it for about 16 months now and so far so good. I am so hoping that it will do what is meant to do and that is to halt progression of my disease. Perhaps it could help you all too. It might help if I explained exactly how the low dose naltrexone works. Naltrexone taken in such a low almost homeopathic dose of 4.5mg, as opposed to the FDA approved dose of 50 mg ,causes the body to create a large amount of endorphins. Kind of like when you run or do aerobics. Anyway, Dr. Bihari in New York believes that all auto immune diseases are more the cause of low endorphins which compromises the immune system. The same with cancer and aids. Once you upregulate the endorphins back to normal, that in turn regulates the immune system back to normal. He has been working with this approach for many years with cancer and aids patients with great success. One can only hope that one day this therapy will get to the mainstream. I for one don't have time for a multi -million dollar clinical trial for MS. Believe me it works. Just wish I was more familiar with how it might help with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Dr. Bihari was just interviewed on a radio station in NY....wbai and I was able to obtain an audio tape of it...quite fascinating. Good luck to all and I sure hope that you all find what works for you...{{{hugs}}} Oh and Dr. Bihari never refuses a call from another doctor looking for info pertaining to this drug treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2003, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

movingrightalong HB User
Why are you posting this identical message on all of the boards, only changing the disease that it "also" supposedly works for. Do you have a vested interest in this drug? Just curious. It's like you just keep cutting and pasting it on all of the boards.

Old 10-18-2003, 07:37 AM   #3
Inactive

JoyceF HB User
LOL movingrightalong....I did cut and paste so that I could post this same message to all of the diseases that are listed on the website that LDN will help with. I just feel it is my moral obligation to get the word out to everyone who suffers from these ailments. I think I posted on 15 because those where the ones that I could pinpoint from what I read. Believe me, I have nothing to gain by this. You see you must get a doctors prescription for it yourself and find a compounder to compound it. No one stands to gain by it but you. I sure hope you find your way to it. It is very inexpensive. I don't even claim it on my insurance. I pay $79.00 for a 90 day supply. I would pay much more for what it gave me. I have not had any progression of my MS in the last 17 months. What is that worth? OMG...it gave me back my life and I ask myself, where would I be if someone did not tell me about it? Hope that helps to answer your question. Believe me I do understand people being skeptical....I was as well, but I thank God that I chose the LdN over one of those injectables that do almost nothing but put billions in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

gusvick HB User
Re: Low Dose Naltrexone

Hi Joyce thanks for all the information , But could you tell me about how long it took before you felt results ? As I said I have been on it for a month now and I don't feel much difference in my rheumatoid arthritis I would love to hear from people who have noticed a change.

Closed Thread