It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

prendi HB User
Unhappy creaky crunchy knees advice please

since i turned 40 my knees have started to creak and crunch when i go up or downstairs it is arthritis or just old age creeping on ??they are'nt so much sore as noisy,the hurt when i walk downhill too any ideas folks????

Last edited by prendi; 11-12-2003 at 01:22 PM.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #2
Mara

crepitation (?)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 05:33 PM   #3
(female)

JeanneMarie HB User
Talking

Hi.
After many years of crunchy sounding knees, they started aching in the last couple years. I was diagnosed with Chrondomalacia and it all started from that. I take 1500 MGs of Glucosamine Sulfate daily and rub MSM Cream with Glucosamine into them at nite. I do believe they are at a stand still. Getting no better or worse. I do believe the Glucosamine is helping, but I don't know for a fact unless I stop taking it. Since I seemed to have halted it, I hate stopping just to see what happens. Goodluck to you.

------------------
JeanneMarie

Old 10-06-2003, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

prendi HB User
hi jeanne-marie,
thanks for the reply i have tried glucosamine tablets but they dont agree with me,i try cod liver oil too but same again,thanks anyway guess ill just have to keep on creaking !!!

Last edited by prendi; 11-12-2003 at 01:22 PM.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:38 AM   #5
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Best I've been able to do for crunchy knees (and ankles) is earplugs.

Old 10-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaof5 HB User
I have the same problem. It started after I joined an exercise gym. My knees were also very painful. I went to the doctor, they x-rayed my knees and told me everything was fine, no arthritis. Take an anti-inflamatory, Then the pain went away, but the squishy knees stayed for weeks. So, I went to a sports medicine orthopedic doctor. They x-rayed my knees, said everything was fine. They told ne to ice, take an anti-inflamatory and that in time the fluid would dry up. I'm still waiting for that to happen. They said as long as I don't ice and do anything to get the fluid down, it won't go away. I'm in my late 40's. Getting old is something else

[This message has been edited by mommaof5 (edited 10-19-2003).]

Old 10-19-2003, 08:17 PM   #7
(female)

JeanneMarie HB User
Talking

They told ne to ice, take an anti-inflamatory and that in time the fluid would dry up. I'm still waiting for that to happen. They said as long as I don't ice and do anything to get the fluid down, it won't go away. I'm in my late 40's. Getting old is something else

Hi..
Ice????? I can't stand even cold air on my knees, they really start hurting then. When I put my warm hand on my knee, it really helps...the pain goes away. I can't stand the cold. I've never had any fluid build up, nor never looked swollen or red, but I have been diagnosed with Chrondomalacia, which I think is just arthritis in the knee. I have been riding a recumbent bike, a 3 wheeler, I can't balance myself on a 2 wheeler any more. and the biking helps alot I think. The pushing ahead with your knees to pedal, rather than down, is the key. Excercising without the weight on your knees, helps tremendously. I love my recumbent. It's keeping me from getting worse, I think. Funny we all are a bit different, but alot of people sure have knee problems. I take 1500MGs of Glucosamine Sulfate a day and rub MSM w/Glucosamine cream into my knees at night. They have stopped getting worse, in fact I think they are much better. So I must be doing something right. Good luck to you, having pain in your knees is no fun, I know. Good luck.

------------------
JeanneMarie

Closed Thread