It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2003, 08:47 PM   #1

lbwp HB User
Post MTX pills vs. inj.

For RA, I read that some are taking MTX pills & some taking injections. What constitutes which is prescribed?

My Rheum. imm. started me on 15mg. = 6cc of MTX liquid inj. after my telling him that none of the NSAIDS had worked including the diclofinac. I still take the diclofinac & low dose/short term prednisone along w/the MTX inj.

I see some of you taking 7.5 mg. of MTX.

Why is my initial dose twice the amount of mg. as yours?

One of these meds that I am taking makes me feel like I am flying high & fast (breathing,heart & energy,facial/mouth/head tingling, excessive talking like I am speeding) throughout the day.
I am also sleeping like a rock at night when I finally pass out. Anyone else experience this?

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
will skipping 1 sugar pills lead to spotting? poneystenson Birth Control 3 06-07-2007 03:39 AM
Question about Visicol pills prep b4 colonoscopy! kittybella Bowel Disorders 4 08-18-2006 09:43 PM
Why do you need to take sugar pills for 7 days when you're on birth control? hollandlop Birth Control 52 04-08-2006 12:14 PM
I missed 2 pills (not consecutively) aussie22 Birth Control 2 08-31-2005 11:00 AM
Question for Everyone: How do you act on Pain Pills? N8boCbo Addiction & Recovery 16 01-23-2005 08:40 PM