It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #1

Ratfish HB User
Arrow Another new guy

I'm new to this board and it looks like I've found some comfort in having a common enemy. In May of this year I began to experience severe pain in my right knee. A knee in which I have had cartilage removed twice.After xrays and an MRI, my orthopetic surgon and my family doctor suggested that I see a rheumatologist.It's now moved into all parts of my body. As of yet I have not been diagnosed. It's the most excuciatingly painful thing that can be imagined. I'm now on metholtrexate, diclofenac and eating percocet like pop corn. I'm hoping that this is some kind of a virus that goes away. I'm 53 years young and like all of you, I have to much to do yet. As with many of you I've been very active in my life. Looking at me now,I look fine. Nobody except you guys can understand what I'm going through. I'm with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Hi Ratfish: I'm also 53 and have joint pain in many parts of my body. My right knee, fingers and toes hurt the worst, but I have joint pain everywhere. I'm seeing a Rheumy next week. I hope to God that I've found a caring, competent one this time!!!!! I hope you find some relief too. Life is way too short for all this pain!!!!! Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Same here, tho I'm 55, I still work out everyday at the gymn on the treadmil only now that my joints are falling apart. I've always been active as well and still try to maintain at least half of what I use to, sounds like osteoarthritis to me as that is what I came into the rhuemy with, fingers toes knees and cervical facet joint disease. We all have to much to do and too young(in our head anyway)to have this but get to the rhuemy and get a program started so you can continue to do some of the things you've always done. We have to try and not let this defeat us!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:36 PM   #4

Ratfish HB User
Sunshine and Nancy thanks for the reply. I'm new to this whole idea. I'm still working each day. Laying around doesn't help. I'll be adding to this board when I think it may be of use.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
(female)

nooyawker HB User
If you are on methotrexate, some doctor somewhre has made a diagnosis. This is not a lightweight drug, nor do I think anyone would prescribe it unless a rheumatololgic condition exists. It would never be prescribed for a virus.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:05 AM   #6

Ratfish HB User
Noo
I'm a little concerned about that too. That diagnoses was made some where between my two family doctors and my orthopedic surgeon. It took me over three months to get an appointment with a rheumatologist. The only thing he did was increased the dosage. I've been tested three times and it's shown negative for RA so far. I've been on the meth. since Aug.15th. At first I started with a 2.5mg twice one day a week. As of Nov. 1st I take 5.0mg twice one day a week. I'm new to all of this and I'm learning. To keep track on what's going on, I keep a diary. I highly recommend writing down everything. It really helps. By the way nothing is changing. I woke up at 2:30 this morning and was in so much pain I couldn't get back to sleep. Thanks for your comment, it's a question I'm adding to the list for my rheumy.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:31 AM   #7

Ratfish HB User
Oct.1st not Nov.1st

Closed Thread