It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #1

Quincym1 HB User
Question Not sure what to think....

Been tossed around from dr to dr. Given lots of blood tests and now sit waiting patiently for results. My dr is now checking for RA and anemia. The pain and fatigue started about the same time time just over a month ago. The pain is in both of my hands..all the joints, my right wrist up into my elbow. Now I also have the pain in my toes..with the tops of my feet feeling like I've dropped something on them and should see a bruise. I have weakness in my hands which seems to be worse in the morning. Also, at times my joints burn and itchbut I wouldn't say are red or swollen. I take my 3 year old swimming 2x a week. I noticed the pain becomes much worse in the water. As for the fatigue..well..it's awful. I have sleep attacks where I just cannot stay awake. Sometimes I'll sleep deep for like 15 mins and then wake up. I also get brain fogs where I just can't think or carry a conversation. I'm also very breathless and find myself taking deep breaths all throughout the day. Now, I'm also being tested for thyroid diseases such as addisons and cushings as well as adrenal diseases. It's going to take awhile for me to get all these results back and I'm wondering if what I'm going through sounds familiar to anyone. I'm 34 and in good enough health otherwise. My grand mother had RA really bad.
Any imput would be great.
Thanks
Sue

Old 02-25-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

nooyawker HB User
Re: Not sure what to think....

It sounds somewhat like RA because the pain seems to be symmetrical (in both hands, feet etc.) There really isnt a definitive blood test for RA, it is usually made thru clinical diagnosis in the drs. office after thorough exam. I felt a lot like you feel now back in 1996 when my RA first started (although I didnt know at the time that it was RA.) You could take alleve for now till you hear from the doctor. I see a rheumatologist and feel pretty good most days. I do injections of Enbrel. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2004, 05:59 PM   #3
(female)

talley HB User
Re: Not sure what to think....

Your might think of having a difinitive test for Lymes Disease...just to rule that out.

Closed Thread