It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #1

Virgo30309 HB User
What can I do for my aching fingers?

ALL my fingers ache and hurt most of the time. More if I use them frequently in my job. Any suggestions on what might help this?
Thank you.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #2

carolanivey HB User
Re: What can I do for my aching fingers?

Try keeping your hands warm while at work... maybe a pair of gloves with the fingertips cut out so you can type.

Make sure your workstation is ergonomically correct so you aren't pinching off any nerves through bad posture or odd wrist angles, which can contribute to coldness/pain.

At home: Damp heat is the most penetrating. Invest in a heating pad designed to be waterproof. They usually come with a pad that can be dampened. Or, seal a damp washcloth in a plastic bag, lay it on your hand(s), and lay the heating pad on that.

Another great invention is the parafin bath. You can pick one up almost anywhere now. If you've never seen one of these, I highly recommend it. Basically the unit melts paraffin wax, but not hot enough to burn you. Dip your hands in a few times, then wrap them in a towel and relax. Just peel the wax off after it cools. It's great for your skin, too.

Cheers,
Carolan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 02:10 PM   #3

Fathermaca HB User

I have the same problem, all i do is try to keep them warm and take small breaks from using them at work. this helps a little.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
(female)

ellie_j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo30309
ALL my fingers ache and hurt most of the time. More if I use them frequently in my job. Any suggestions on what might help this?
Thank you.
HI I'm new to this board but I have been "lurking" so to speak. I also have alot of trouble with pain in my fingers and I run them under hot water while at work. Maybe that will help??

Closed Thread