It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

PatriciaB HB User
Essential Oils for 11 year old with arthritis

Hi, has anyone here heard of using Essential Oils (a combo of flaxseed, borage, and fish oils) to help treat arthritis? My 11 year old son has it and a couple of friends recommended it for him. Since it's not actually a drug that would interact with medications, I have started giving him one softgel cap per day. Has anyone else tried this? I also wondered if anyone had tried it on a child, and if one cap a day would be enough. The other people that I know take it are adults and they take 2 to 3 per day. We've only been using it for a couple of days so of course we haven't seen any real results yet. If you have tried it, how long does it usually take to see results?
Thanks for any and all input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
Inactive

Anybody HB User
Re: Essential Oils for 11 year old with arthritis

I have "moderate" arthritis in my right hip. Two years ago, I thought I would be in a wheel chair shortly. I was taking glucosamine, and it helped, but the condition got worse anyway.
I remembered that I read that Flax Oil was an anti-inflamatory. I bought some. YOu have to keep it in the fridge.
I take 2 TABLESPOONS of it a day. Results were noticeable in a week.
I cannot run, but I can walk pretty fast, and I can climb stairs.

One little capsule is nothing.

An 11 year old should not have arthritis. What is going on with him?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #3

MaggieJ119 HB User

I would just like to note that anyone at any age can have arthritis. I have seen 4yr olds with bad arthritis. And i have had it since i was young.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-25-2004 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 03-28-2004, 04:11 AM   #4
(female)

PatriciaB HB User

He has been diagnosed with a rare form of a periodic fever for which RA is just one of his many symptoms, one of the most painful ones! He is on Colchicine to deal with the overall inflammation but sometimes, his elbows and knees still give him alot of discomfort. he has been on the Essential Oil capsules for a couple of weeks now and I believe that they have helped.

Old 04-09-2004, 09:24 PM   #5

X5CAT HB User

I Am New Here, But I Have Had Arthritis Since Age 3. I Am 44 Now. My Parents Didn't Treat My Arthritis As A Child Even Though The Dr.s Wanted To. She Searched And Tried Every Oil And Treatment, Diets Etc... And Those Never Worked. However, She Never Allowed Me To Be Treated By A Physician. I Have Paid The Price For This. I Have Now Had 35 Joint Replacements And Now My Bones Are Breaking! I Had A Broken Elbow Last Year For 9 Months. I Had Surgery To Screw It Back. Now I Have 2 More Broken Bones In The Same Arm. Same Problem. They Are Just Breaking.

So Please, Arthritis Will Hit At Any Age! Diets And Oils Won't Hurt, But They Don't Deter The Disease! Keep On The Meds Because It Does Make A Huge Difference!

X5cat

Closed Thread