It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 05:15 AM   #1

rebekkabobekka HB User
what now?

My Boss has had rheumatoid arthritis for along time now, what are some of the different meds that she can try to help control the pain? I know she has tried some but alot of them made her feel worse...right now she isn't taken anything and all the time she hurts, right down to the joints in her toes! any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Old 04-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #2

rebekkabobekka HB User
Re: what now?

Does anyone know what We can try? anyone know what she is going through?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

RA is probably one of the most harshest types of arthritis there is because it affects so many things. Just recently there has been a new medication that you can self inject to help control the RA, I believe it is for the immune system but someone can correct me if wrong. They are called DMARD's
I do know a few folks who use it and it helps them immensely. Do a bit of research on the Arthritis.org website and I am very sure you will come up with it.

She really needs to find a medication that works and stick with it, it's not something you can take when you feel you need it but something you must take on a daily basis regardless of the medication.

Old 04-04-2004, 03:50 PM   #4
(female)

nooyawker HB User

I know what she is going thru. I presume she is seeing a rheumatologist. Although I dont think a rheum. would let her go on without medication. I myself take enbrel, inject it 2x a week. It works great. Very expensive though. There are other meds that are cheaper. Methotrexate is used very often and is cheap. She could take some prednisone for a short time till other meds start working. The main thing is to take something or she could wind up in a wheelchair.

Closed Thread