It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 10:07 PM   #1

starwarzgangsta HB User
Tailbone Arthritis?

Lately, I have been having very horrible pains in my tailbone. They only happen when i sit down or stand-up. I couldn't stand the pain anymore, so i went to the doctor. she sent me to go get x-rays. They said that everything was normal. when I told my mother that everything was normal she said " Well maybe it like arthritis." My father said that that was probably not the case since I am only 14. But I want to know if it even possible. If anybody could help me at all, please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Tailbone Arthritis?

Arthritis is possible at any age, you don't need to be old to have it. There are various types that start when young. I was first diagnosed at age 10 with OA due to surgeries in a hip. RA can start younger and is not a result of injury but something that happens. (not sure why, you'd have to look into it).
If you had RA you'd notice other problems just not a tailbone.

Have you injured your tailbone lately? Maybe landed on it wrong or something? Or do you life alot of things or maybe your hips are imbalanced? These can cause pain in the tailbone region, it could be a mild herniation caused by injury or some arthritis if there's an old injury.

Generally an Xray will not detect this type of thing, an MRI is generally done.
I'd really push the issue if it doesn't stop, being in pain all the time can cause many other side effects including depression and just feeling run down.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
(female)

stacynb HB User

I had that type of pain when I was in 10th grade. I never did find out what it was, it eventually went away, but now I do have arthritis, although not in that same place,but I do have psoriasis there. Not sure if it is related or not. My daughter is almost 7 and she has been complaining about the same pain. I am going to take her to the dr to see what they say about it.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Hello, 'Star'--My wife has the same thing, only hers was brought about by decubitis, a bed sore due to having lost so much weight on, I "think", Prednisone. Even though the external area looks much better, she still has pain in the coccyx when sitting or laying wrong sometimes. We may have to have her checked out some more on this. She is a tad over 14, however, at age 60! Hope you get better soon.

Closed Thread