It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 12:14 PM   #1

bonsai HB User
Question Arthritis - Embrel

For those of you using embrel, what was your initial reaction to the first injection. I am frightened because when I took a simple shot of demoral for an absessed tooth I started feeling strange and had a type of seizure. the same thing happened with a novacane shot and with a prednozone injection. In fact I ended up in the hospital for eight days as a result of my seizure reaction to the prednozone. My biggest fear is that the same thing will happen to me with the embrel. I am not afraid of the actual shot itself, it is how my body will react to the injection. Did any of you have any reactions to the initial injection? I am going in to get my first injection soon, so your response will be most appreciated.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:38 PM   #2

MissLondon HB User
Re: Arthritis - Embrel

Hi

I have been taking enbrel for a year now

I have Rheumatoid arthritis (since aged 15) in my fingers ,wrists ,ankles and now elbow ..
I can not guarantee that taking enbrel will not cause you any side effects but in my case after and since my initial injection i have had no ill effects.

But since taking enbrel i have developed problems with my elbow which i never had before , and i have not had any improvements so i have started taking methotrexate alongside the enbrel..

In my case the enbrel didnt work but i have heard that it has helped others so hopefully things will be fine for you.
And the injections dont really hurt at all

Hope this has helped

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

tess50 HB User
Re: Arthritis - Embrel

hi i have been on embrel over 2 years i have rheumatoid arthritis,and have had to have an ankle replacement last november,i am doing so well walk better without a stick but now have developed so much pain in my elbow,they say its tennis elbow but i have very bad arthritis in the elbow and i am looking at a replacement,yes i am fed up, as its one thing after another,but i went on embrel to slow down the joint damage and it just has not worked in that respect,i am facing another replacement.arthritis is awfull i am 51 now and had it since i was 40. tess. i am thinking to stop embrel altogether,also loosing hair in places.

Closed Thread