It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #1

468LC HB User
Anyone develope Enbrel side effects over time

Well I have been on enbrel for a year now. I love what it has done for my pain. The stuff literally made me pain free in two days after 15 years of chronic pain. I have ankylosing spondylitis.

Anyways about 5 months ago I started to develope more depression and then I also developed anxiety and even panic attacks.

I have brought up these other things only to say that it makes me uncomfortable to go to my RA doc. I really need to go back and get this straightened out.

Here is a common list of side effects and I have marked the ones that bug me(). Anyone else go through this? Wondering if I should go back to methotrexate instead of enbrel.

Enbrel side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. More common Enbrel side effects may include (abdominal pain), (cough), dizziness, (headache), (indigestion), infections, injection site reaction, nausea, rash, respiratory problems, respiratory tract infection, (sinus and nasal inflammation), (sore throat), vomiting, (and weakness). Less common Enbrel side effects may include abscess, altered sense of taste, blood clots, blood disorders and infections, bursitis, (chest pain), (depression), (diarrhea), difficulty breathing, (dry eyes), dry mouth, (fatigue), fever, flu-like symptoms, (flushing), gallbladder problems, hair loss, heart attack, heart failure, high or low blood pressure, hives, inflammation in the digestive tract, intestinal perforation, itching, joint pain, kidney inflammation, loss of appetite, mouth sores, multiple sclerosis, pain, nerve damage, raised patches of red skin, red eyes, seizures, stomach and intestinal bleeding, stroke, swelling in the arms or legs, swollen face and throat, tingling or burning sensation, urinary tract infection, vision loss, and (weight gain).

Also one thing that has really bugged me is weight gain. I have put on almost 35 pounds in a year. I have never been this heavy. 180 from 145 -150. I have acutally had to buy new clothes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 03:57 AM   #2
Inactive

jrf5460 HB User
Re: Anyone develope Enbrel side effects over time

Hey 468LC...

I've only been on Enbrel for a month now. Not a whole lot of relief. In fact, right now I have intense pain in my lower back that rediates to both hips and down my legs, swollen and sore right wrist and sore knees.

I have noticed some increase in anxiaety. My patience is a little thin these days as well. Little things try my patience like some TV shows, traffic, being put on hold...you know things I can't control and things that use to not bother me. This happen with you?

Any help is appreciated.

Take care,
Joe

Old 01-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #3

468LC HB User

Joe it has absolutely killed all my pain. I give it much thanks for that.

Well when I told my RA doc I was getting anxiety they said well we never heard of enbrel causing that before.

It is not in the list of side effects but from what I have gathered usually where there is depression anxiety will follow.

I'm just not sure what to do really. I just know I don't want to live feeling like I am constantly sick. Which has happend the last three months.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #4

468LC HB User

I would have figured there would be a TON of enbrel users in here. Anyone else?

Old 01-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #5
(female)

CTuit HB User

I use Enbrel also but only started about a month ago. It already has helped tremendously with the fatigue.

Closed Thread