It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #1
(female)

aerdna HB User
Pain like I have never felt....

Hi, my name is Rae, and I have a few questions to ask. I am 34, and I swear I feel like I am falling apart. I am not, and have never been a complainer, but I have had the most incredible pain and numbness in my hands and finger tips for about eight years now. It started out just a little pain, but it has gotten so much worse over the years. I started waking myself up at night crying. The pain feels like neeedles constantly stabbing me in my fingers an hands, EVERYNITE. I also have numbness and tingling
( very painfull tingling) in my finger tips. Could it be CTS, or Arthrites, or what? It is so bad that ....sometimes I wish someone would cut them ( my hands) off.
I know you are probably going to ask why dont I see a doctor. Well, I lost my job of 10 years (lay off). So, I have now Med Ins., and when I did, I was always to busy to take time to go. Biggest mistake (one of) I have ever made.

OH! BUT THATS NOT ALL
The other day I was getting ready to take my daughter to school ad my stomach started to hurt. Not just a "Tummy Ache" but a stabbing pain that was directly beneath my rib cage. I swear, it knocked me to the floor for an hour of praying it would go away. I intantly started sweating buckets, cold sweats. I tried doubling ove, you know it sometimes makes it feel better, it didnt work, (yes, I tried the bathroom as well) All I could do was roll back and forth on my bed until it went away, and when it went away, it did just that. As suddenly it came, it left. I felt as though nothing had happened. I was not sweating any more, and I went on with my day.
The last thing that happend, was that same morning, I was driving and my fingers, went numb. I looked at them, and they where an off white color, but my hands where a blochy, red and off white color. This went on for maybe 30 min. That too came and went suddenly.
Well I have complained enough, allthough I could go on and on, but my hands are killing me as I speak.( or type)

Please, can someone anyone tell me what I might have?
Or, maybe that same someone will cut off my hands.

Thanks,
Rae

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 06:18 AM   #2
(male)

dennis-sj HB User
Re: Pain like I have never felt....

It's called peripheral neuropathy or just neuropathy. Do a search for it on the internet.

Closed Thread