It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User
new on board....but in pain

Hello all, have been reading about all of your experiences, which has helped me, but I need some advise on how to proceed. Sorry if this is long. I fell about 2 1/2 years ago, took 14 months to correct lateral herniated disc at C5/6, neuro. was surprised when he found the lateral herniation, cause it didn't show up on anything....gee, he says, must have been in pain...yup...at the time I fell I also hurt my lower back, so for the past year I have been trying to get it taken care of too. Last MRI showed L3/4 bulge, L4/5 lateral herniation into foramin on the left side, and another small lateral herniation on the right side of L4/5 (2 for 1). Neurolist fortesting, he said that the sural nerve wasn't responding....have foot and leg numbness also, he said that maybe it was from compressive radicular, said I have neuritis and siatica too. Sent me for EPI's which didn't work for long. He put me on neurontin, but it didn't like me, side effects. So then he sent me for a 2nd opinion with another neurologist/pain mgmt. guy, he says, oh you have joint arthritis. Wants to do injections, but can't cause I just had the epi's. He says take tylenol...(can't do antinflamitory meds.) Well, the tylenol is not doing it, lortab just barely helps. He said the numbness in the feet and legs is probably from early diabetes...all of my tests have been normal for that....so now I have a problem with believeing this guy. Probably do have the arthritis cause it's been so long, but feel as if I have been thrown away...Any suggestions on how to proceed now? I am sorry this has been so long...I appreciate any suggestions or help you can offer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread