It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
(male)

Ducferd HB User
pain in finger joints, itching near on them too

i'm 16, im active in sports, i take care of myself. i felt a burning feeling on my right hand. it was mostly near the fingers. they were a little itchy too, so was my wrist and elbow. im not too sure what this is. isnt it too young for arthritis? can anyone tell me what this is, or move it to a forum that would know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #2
(male)

Ducferd HB User
Re: pain in finger joints, itching near on them too

my brother says it just might be a pinched nerve

can anyone help at all though?

any insight would be nice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

MORENA HB User

A week ago I started to have similar symptoms in my hands and feet. I also had swelling in these parts and I believe a rash on my feet that went up to about mid calf. Throughout the week my joint pain jumped from joint to joint but it always affected the joints symmetrically. The pain, rash and swelling in my feet went away after about a day. The pain other joints (knees, wrist, elbows and shoulders) also went away within a day or two. My fingers are the only ones that have given me constant discomfort. I had an appointment today because I beleive that my symptoms are similar to that of Rheumatoid Artharitis. My doctor ruled that out for now because she thought I may have a viral infection, possibly the human parvo virus, but we can't be sure of the diagnosis untill the results of blood tests. Don't know if this info is helpful, just thought our symptoms were similar.

Old 08-06-2005, 03:51 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

holeinheart HB User

Hi Ducferd,
Do you notice a change in colour of your fingers when this happens? or is the pain and itching all the time?
The reason l ask is that l have a condition called 'Raynaurds' and it started at about your age, my fingers go white, blue/gey then red. The pain is when they go white /blue /grey and then they itch like mad when they are red!
What happens is , the blood drains from the fingers making them painful , its to do with cold..........not just normal cold ,if going in the fridge is 'AAAAAHHHHHHH' a cool breeze sets it off and in the winter 'oh , my god, pain or what'!
This can also ( as l have ) effect your toes and the end of your nose / ears.
Its just a thought, keep an eye on them , mine started in one hand and then went to the other , then worked its way up and down ( how nice!)
Hope you sort it soon, holeinheart.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
(male)

Ducferd HB User

pain went away in 3 days, i believe it was a pinched nerve. thanks for the help anyway.

i mainly just iced it and let it rest

what was weird though, was when i was running and playing soccer, i didnt feel the pains. but its all gone

Closed Thread