It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User
Joints on my toes hurt

The toes on my right foot are killing me..There is no swelling at all but when i bend my toes the joint really hurst. Then it seems to almost have a burning feeling. I don't have pain anywhere else. Does this sound like it could be arthritis. I am 53 years old. Wondering??? bride527

Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Joints on my toes hurt

Sorry to say it does. Put some aspercreme or sportscreme on before you go to bed and sleep with socks on.............it will help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Yep, I have arthritis in all my toes pretty severe in the big toe and moderate in the little ones. I sometimes wear one of those Tiger Balm patches on the bll of the foot and it feels soothing to me, I put as close to the base of the toes I can, it does help.

Old 09-18-2005, 03:24 AM   #4
(female)

Irishgal HB User

my big toe has hurt me for about 3 years. the docs said the only thing they can do is something called a doe fusion, where they take out the cartilage of the bottom joint in my big toe and put metal over i and screws to keep it in place. wont ever be able to bendmy toe again but it seems like the only solution

Old 09-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
(female)

janieab HB User

I have 3 toes bothering me right now. I will be seeing my podiatrist this week. I had a toe synovectomy and fusion 11 years ago. I had a cortisone injection in June for my big toe but it didn't last. Now I have that toe plus 2 others in flare mode. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing shoes or not.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
(female)

janieab HB User

Well, I am updating on the previous post I wrote about the toes. I went to the podiatrist today and he is the one I went to 11 years ago in which he did a toe synovectomy and fusion. Well, he x-rayed both feet (2 toes left foot and one toe Right foot) and what he found was rheumatoid nodules 2 toes and inflammation and slight joint issues big toe on Right that he said he may be affected by the RA. I have been dealing with joint pains in the feet for so long. I opted for the surgery for 2 toes on left foot (synovectomy and joint widening). I can still drive and work because it is my left foot. I may get the right foot done this year while my insurance deductible is still met.
The joys of RA............sarcastically of course!

Jane

Old 09-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
(female)

cindylou02 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride527
The toes on my right foot are killing me..There is no swelling at all but when i bend my toes the joint really hurst. Then it seems to almost have a burning feeling. I don't have pain anywhere else. Does this sound like it could be arthritis. I am 53 years old. Wondering??? bride527
I talked to someone this week who said her toes hurt for years and the Drs could not figure out what was wrong. She went to a podiatrist who sent her to a rhumatologist who diagnosed her with rhumatoid. she had had an ra factor twice before but it did not show up until this time.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #8
(male)

ten2fore HB User

Sounds to me like gout, which is a form of arthritis. Asperin or Excedrin should help the pain. If it is gout your Dr can tell with a simple blood test. Allopurinal will help keep this under control. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User

Gout????? really?????? both of my feet hurt. somebody told me if could be from wearing "bad" shoes all summer......hmm maybe?
It feels like somebody dropped something on my toes and sometimes the balls of my feet hurt.......supposed to go to the dr. next week but she cancelled my appt. so know i have to wait another couple of weeks.....very curious to know what is causing this ?? bride527

Closed Thread