It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

serendipity02 HB User
In research trial for new auto immune drug

Has anyone been in a research trial before? I've had my first infusion of MRA, methotrexate, or a placebo.Has anyone heard of MRA? Its a double blind study. My arthritis is so bad that when I go back Nov. 2nd, if I'm not any better, they will reconstruct my information. I'm still allowed to take all of my meds except for Sulfasalazine, including pain pills or I couldnt make it. I can barely function as it is with all these pills I do take.

Last edited by serendipity02; 10-25-2005 at 11:12 PM. Reason: forgot to say something

Old 11-04-2005, 07:06 AM   #2
(female)

serendipity02 HB User
Re: In research trial for new auto immune drug

I was in one of three groups. 1. getting IV of the new arthritis drug MRA. 2. Getting methrotrexate. 3. getting a placebo in both. It turns out I was in group 3.The only drug I had to stop taking for this test was sulfasalazine. I'm taking all the others, and have gotten considerably worse. They have planned what is called an escape plan for me. On the 16th, I will begin the MRA. I cant wait as I'm in constant pain. The pain is so bad that I was taking 10 mil. lortab every 2 hrs. the other day; it wasnt touching the pain, so I took 80 mg. oxycontin; didnt do it, so I had to go to the hospital and get a shot of morphine, flexeril and something else. I still had pain. I dont think this pain is going anywhere.Next, I think I will be taking pain management classes. I just cant imagine having this pain under control tho.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread