It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

ScorpMom79 HB User
Is is Arthritis or Fibromyalgia?

I will leave out the details of going to doctor to doctor and get to the point. I have muscle pain in my chest, shoulders, neck, upper back, lower back, butt, hips, and now carpal tunnel syndome symptoms (which are prob work related) I also have joint issues, I have what look like bunions on my feet that hurt and I am limited to what shoes I can wear, my right ankle is stiff alot, my knees hurt and are stiff, my hands, wrists, and hips. I have all the morning stiffness stuff, and movement either helps or hinders. Forget sitting for long periods of time, especially car rides and sitting for meetings/trainings for work. I have the fatigue and trouble sleeping (sleeping is a little better) I am 26 work full time in sales for a wireless co. and married with a two yr old. My rheumatologist is monitoring me for arthritis and told me she thinks it is Fibromyalgia. I have been tested for the genetic factor for Psoriatic arthritis because I have had Psoriasis since I was 9 yrs old. It was negative, also negative for Lyme disease. I dont want to be medicated I want to know what is wrong, I want the Doctors to rule out everthying. HOW do I get them to do that. Should I push the arthritis issue?
Oh, and just a lil history, before I met my husband and had my child I had multiple jobs was at the gym 5 days a week and had a great social life. Now, I have a great husband, daughter, home, job and I feel crippled. I even eat healthier and take supplements. I was also diagnosed with Graves Disease when I was 15 yrs old. I take meds for my thyroid. I just stopped takeing Depro Provera birth control and I have been on Enbrel since Feb 05 and the stuff is great, I don't even look like I have psoriasis. Thank the Insurance Gods for coverage!! Hahahaha PLEASE anyone who can offer some knowledge I am trying to do the right thing and get healthy.

Last edited by ScorpMom79; 11-08-2005 at 05:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
(female)

CTuit HB User
Re: Is is Arthritis or Fibromyalgia?

Is there anyone in your area that you can get a second opinion from? Sounds like RA to me but the Enbrel should be helping with some of the symptoms for that. Fibro is a definite possibility. If you aren't getting any deep sleep it can be causing some of the problems as well.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
(female)

ScorpMom79 HB User
Re: Is is Arthritis or Fibromyalgia?

I am on my 2nd Rheumatologist in the same practice. The first one was "leaning" towards FMS, the tests for arthritis said no but "his gut feeling" was the begining of arthritis. Its the 2nd one that is saying FMS get sleep and ordered xrays for my hands. What is bothering me I am comeing across so many women that are being diagnosed with FMS, 3 yrs ago I never even heard of it, now I am being diagnosed. I have a lot of the symptoms of FMS I dont even feel like typing out the list, I don't want meds, I just want to rule out diseases that are destructive to my body. Not saying the pain when it is at its worse isnt....you know what I mean, right?

Closed Thread