It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2005, 05:29 AM   #1

froggy123 HB User
enbrel and fever

How high of a fever is high enough to constitute going to the ER or the doc when you are on Enbrel, since today is Sunday, it would probably mean going to the ER. My temp is normally between 97.2-97.7, since late Friday night I've been running a temp anywhere between 99.9 and 102.3. For about a month I've been really fatigued, I did go to the doc about this a couple weeks ago, I had one abnormal thyroid blood test and had to be retested, I'm assuming it came out ok the second time because I didn't get a call back about it. For like 2 weeks I've been having cold symptoms, and since Wednesday I've been getting splitting headaches (very different than my migraines) right across the forehead just above the eyebrow. Yesterday I had diarreah like every 45 minutes, and started spotting (I'm on the Depo shot and have spotted since I had a bad sinus infection last January. I'm 18, away from my parents, in college...so I'm really not sure how bad I should be to go to the ER. I know I need to be seen if I run a fever for more than 24 hours. I guess I'm not sure if I should go ahead and go to the ER or wait it out and try to get in with my doctor tomorrow, it will more likely be Tuesday though. Any suggestions please?

Old 11-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
(female)

catsblueeyes1 HB User
Re: enbrel and fever

Hi,
You should be seen by a physician as soon as you can, any infection that occurs should be treat asap, unfortunatly when on Enbrel or Humeria(what I take) your immune system in compromised and when you become ill you must see your doctor.
I would certainly call your doctor and speak to him now, he may order you something or tell you to go to the ER. I hope you feel better soon!!!
Debbie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
(female)

CTuit HB User

I agree, you should probably see a doc. Not necessarily the er if you can get into yours. You also probably should hold off on the Enbrel until you find out whats going on. It can make any infection you might have picked up harder to deal with.

Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #4

froggy123 HB User

Thank you both for your responses. I ended up going to the ER today. I have a sinus infection, an upper respiratory infection, and one of my kidneys is swollen for some reason. I guess it is a good thing that I went in, especially since I was supposed to take my shot tonight. The ER doc called the rheumatologist on call at the office that I go to and they said to stop the Enbrel and that I need to try to get in with my Rheum asap. So I just wanted to thank you both.

Closed Thread