It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

worldtraveler HB User
Glucosamine vs G/chondroitin combo

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has tried both just glucosamine by itself and a glucosamine/chondroitin combination.

I took glucoasmine HCL by itself with great results for many years. Then, it was touted that adding chondroitin would help even more. And the science makes perfect sense. However, after taking the combo for about a month, I noticed pain coming back in my knees. I ignored it but it kept getting worse.

I switched back to glucosamine solo, and within a couple of months, I was painfree again.

I have done this three times with the very same results. Interestingly enough, I've heard the exact same thing from others -- the glucosamine by itself is great but when combined with the chondroitin, the two just aren't as effective as glucosamine by itself.

Again, it makes no sense that the combo wouldn't work, since the science of how chemicals react supports the combo ingestion.

So, what are the results of anyone who has tried both the glucosamine by itself and the glucosamine/chondroitin combination (giving enough time for each, since it takes awhile for them to work)?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Update on Glucosamine-like Supplement for Treating MS Bearygood Multiple Sclerosis 4 05-30-2007 06:48 AM
Question about Glucosamine & Chondroitin dosage clerky96 High Cholesterol 5 12-06-2006 06:47 AM
Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM bluerose50 Vitamins & Supplements 7 11-10-2006 10:13 AM
does glucosamine help with arthritis? jimmyhonda Arthritis 14 11-07-2005 10:16 AM
Have u taken Glucosamine?! serenityelf Vitamins & Supplements 11 06-30-2005 04:29 PM