It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

aarons_mommy HB User
Prevacid Naprapac

went to the doctor cause i have been hurting in my back and my side. i have gerd and he took tests and thinks it may be arthritis. he gave me this Prevacid Naprapac to try and im supposed to go back next thursday for the blood test results. but when i got this medicine i read the side effects of increased risks of stroke & heart attack and all kinds of awful things. so i refuse to take it. my dad died of a heart attack and since then i have been terrified of heart stuff. also had ppl die of strokes in my family so im terrified to take this medicine. ive also have trouble going tot he bathroom lately or either my stomach is in pain and i go too much. and i read it can increse stomach problems and all these side effects can be fatal. would you take something that said this? im not going to take it. i mean i took prevacid b4 for my gerd and it worked but im nto giong to take something that says this. i still have gerd problems. would i b okay to take the prevacid but not the other thing? is there any other kind of medicine that dont have these serious risks? i thought i was finally going to get pain relief but im terrified of it. and i'm crying. but how can he give me that w/out the test results first? i'm so frustrated

Old 01-07-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Prevacid Naprapac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons_mommy
went to the doctor cause i have been hurting in my back and my side. i have gerd and he took tests and thinks it may be arthritis. he gave me this Prevacid Naprapac to try and im supposed to go back next thursday for the blood test results. but when i got this medicine i read the side effects of increased risks of stroke & heart attack and all kinds of awful things. so i refuse to take it. my dad died of a heart attack and since then i have been terrified of heart stuff. also had ppl die of strokes in my family so im terrified to take this medicine. ive also have trouble going tot he bathroom lately or either my stomach is in pain and i go too much. and i read it can increse stomach problems and all these side effects can be fatal. would you take something that said this? im not going to take it. i mean i took prevacid b4 for my gerd and it worked but im nto giong to take something that says this. i still have gerd problems. would i b okay to take the prevacid but not the other thing? is there any other kind of medicine that dont have these serious risks? i thought i was finally going to get pain relief but im terrified of it. and i'm crying. but how can he give me that w/out the test results first? i'm so frustrated
I think that you should give it a try.

Here's the thing: The Naprapac contains only two drugs which are Prevacid and naproxen. You've already taken Prevacid without any problems. Naproxen is just Aleve, which is similar to Advil, Motrin, or ibuprofen. If you've ever taken these drugs in the past without problems, again, you should be able to take the Naprapac.

There's been some debate that long-term and high-dosed use of NSAIDS, which include naproxen and ibuprofen can cause heart conditions. However, you're relatively safe with short term use, such as with the Naprapac.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread