It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
My Hands Hurt So Bad!!!

Hi to everyone,

If you have any advice or knowledge about this matter, please reply. Thanks in advance!

We are having waves of "cold" fronts come thru - Houston, so just goes from 90 to 85 to 80 and on down this weekend! They are making my hands just so swollen and so burning and so hurting!!! :<

I am on 2 prednisones in am, 2 relafens in pm, Skelaxin (muscle relaxer) and Tramadol (light pain med), and a new one for me, Sulfasalazine 2 ea.x 2 day. And I still hurt in my hands, wrists and arms.

Do you think that if I call my Rheumy dr. that she would give me a prednisone shot? Just to get me over the hump and make it not hurt so much. I must keep going, to watch after my dad tomorrow, otherwise, I would be in bed with ice or heat. Is there anything else, that yall know of that has an immediate effect???

Thanks for your help.

Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: My Hands Hurt So Bad!!!

Hi ttfm,

Where do you get the Re liv it ? Is it a cream or a pill? And does it cost very much? Does your rheumatologist mind that you take that, or do you just go to a family dr.???

And one more question. Does it hurt your stomach if it is a pill?

Thanks for the reply and the information.

Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

lala411 HB User

Sorry I dont know any answers to ur other question but i have arthritis in my hands and i find that in cold wheather when they are sore I soak them in warm water and this seems to help. Or use something called radion B in the water which also helps. Another thing that can help is having a hot water bottle and rest ur hands on it.

Hope this helps, sorry i cudnt answer ur other questions!

Lauren

Old 10-14-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for replying and giving me info on what you do. I do not have a hot water bottle, but do have a rice sock that I heat in the microwave. I might try that tomorrow. I also have a heating pad, but do not know if it will work for my hands. I guess I wont know til I try!

I have not gone to my dr. yet, or called her (rheumy dr.). I will call on Mon., to see about getting a shot. That helps for a few weeks. I upped my Prednisone from 2 to 3 per day, but so far with all these cold fronts coming thru, that did not help.

Thanks again.

Wannabe

Old 10-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

lala411 HB User

ur welome! hope it helps and i hope it dies down soon for u!

Good Luck with the Dr hope they do something to help.

Lauren

Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
(female)

babyboomer6 HB Userbabyboomer6 HB User

I have the same problem with my hands and I am going to ask the Dr. tomorrow to give me a shot into my knuckles where it is swelled. I will let you know if it helps as I have never done it before. Hang in there. I iknow it is painful.
babyboomer6
RA
OSTEOARTHRITIS
FIBROMYALGIA
DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE

Old 10-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi All,

I did get a shot and it helped for a few days. Now another front, tonight and they (my hands) are puffed up again. My Rheumy Dr. upped my Sulfasalazine, from 2 ea, 2 x day, to 3 ea, 2 x day. She said this last medicine, takes about 1 month to work. So, hopefully I will feel better in a few weeks! I will believe it when I see it.

I guess that I really should get out my ice bag or my frozen bags of peas!!! That does help the swelling go down.

Babyboomer, I never have gotten shots in my knuckles. Always in my behind!

Thanks for yalls help.

Wannabe

Closed Thread