It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #1
(female)

calgonmom HB User
Smile red palms

Hi there everyone. I am somewhat new to this site. I have psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and osteoarthritis. I'm currently taking methotrexate (6tabs a week), pain meds, folic acid and a few others. I have asked my rheumie why I keep having trouble with redness and heat on the palms of both hands. My hands even feel hot to others. Nobody seems to be able to give me an answer. Does anyone else have this trouble?
thanks.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

Megan :D HB User
Re: red palms

Do you get any swelling in your hands? I have arthritis that flares up in my hands, and they get hot to the touch sometimes. Just an idea

You're on the same meds as me!! I take methatrexate, folic acid, and naproxyn.

Hope you get a solution for your mits soon!!
Love Megan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
(female)

Lady Olivia HB User

Hi,
I get really really hot hands like they are on fire. They are hot to touch and sometimes they are red to look at. I just hold a cold face washer till it goes away. I don't get swelling anywhere I just get the hot sensation and redness. I have AS and I just put it down to the medications. I'm on enbrel injections but this started before I started taking that mostly with prednisone.

Good luck.
Olivia

Old 12-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Everyone,

I have RA and mostly have swelling in my hands. My knuckles and wrists hurt the most and between my knuckles where they connect to my hand, is the most swollen. My hands get a little hot and red sometimes. But, mostly bent and curved inward a little - but I can straighten them out.

Do any of you have mostly red or white(skin colored) hands and your knuckles are brown? Mine look like my knuckles and elbows are dirty and they are not (most of the time).

My Rheumy dr. and I are having a hard time getting very many drugs that will help, because of my sensitive stomach.

Let me know if yall have anything that helps.

Wannabe

Closed Thread