It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

iskwesis HB User
Angry RA with muscle spasms

Is anyone out there experiencing muscle spasms in the forearms (both)? I have just been diagnosed with RA and when these muscle spasms occur they are very painful. Are the muscle spasms part of the symptoms of RA?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

phoenix14 HB User
Re: RA with muscle spasms

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid and fibromyalgia 6 years ago. I also get the muscle spasms- its a symptom of the fibro- maybe you should check with your doc. Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

iskwesis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix14 View Post
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid and fibromyalgia 6 years ago. I also get the muscle spasms- its a symptom of the fibro- maybe you should check with your doc. Hope this helps
thanks very much. I have an appointment to see my dr. shortly. I will see if I can get it checked. These muscle spasms are very painful. what can of meds. are you taking for fibromyalgia?

Old 03-15-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jaysea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskwesis View Post
Is anyone out there experiencing muscle spasms in the forearms (both)? I have just been diagnosed with RA and when these muscle spasms occur they are very painful. Are the muscle spasms part of the symptoms of RA?
RA doesn't usually cause muscle spasms, unless you're keeping your arms rigid all day to avoid arthritis pain. Fibromyalgia can cause muscle pain, stiffness and spasms. Deficiencies of calcium and magnesium can also cause spasms or twitching.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
(female)

phoenix14 HB User

Right now I'm not taking anything for the muscle spasms. I have been doing yoga and meditaton which is helping. I take Remicade, methotrexate and lodine for my RA.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
(female)

iskwesis HB User

it's been a little over a year since i was diagnosed with RA. Quit teaching was in too much pain. Was put on Prexige. Took 6 months to eleviate the joint pains. felt so good i was thinking of going back to teaching. then Prexige was taken off the market because it was causing liver damage. then was put on Arthotec 75 mg twice a day. stomach couldn't tolerate it. so i went down to 75 mg once a day. my RA was not paining me as much. then in January 08 i got a nasty cold and my RA flared big time for the 4 weeks. just came back from Rheumy found out i also have osteoporasis (which could account of those horrible muscle spasms) finally had a bone density scan done back in Dec. 07. this was the result. now i take calicum (not elemental calicum) and vit. D to better digest it. i have to take prednisone for the next 15 days. today was my first day to take prednisone and have noticed a big difference! tomorrow i am getting a blood test done to see if i can take mtx 10mg per week for long term. Scared!!!!!!! i have dormant TB since 1973. My rheumy and regular doctor assure me that i will be regularly checked. Anyway just thought i'd share my thoughts. i'd like to hear your thoughts.

Closed Thread