It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

IhATeBaCkPaIn HB User
Question Has anyone else had no relief from SYNVISC?

Hello, My name is Kelly I am 37 and I have osteo in both knees. It has been almost 1 month since I finished my last round of Synvisc and I have found no relief . Has this happened to you? What was your next step after synvisc?
Thanks, Kelly

Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

newfie11 HB User
Re: Has anyone else had no relief from SYNVISC?

Kelly,
I had a rehab doctor that wanted me to have synvisc injection into my hip. I did not as it is off label on hips but is approved for knees. I did some research on synvisc. It seems to help some people when injected in the knee but there were some studies out there that said they found it was no better than taking pain meds.
Many of the studies I found on the internet were done by the manufacture. The was one published in the JAMA by two doctors that said it was no better than pain meds.
Most of the emails I see are glowing reports from people saying synvisc has helped their knee pain.
Thats all I know about the subject and it "ain't" much, sorry.
Newfie11

Last edited by newfie11; 03-29-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
(female)

IhATeBaCkPaIn HB User
Re: Has anyone else had no relief from SYNVISC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie11 View Post
Kelly,
I had a rehab doctor that wanted me to have synvisc injection into my hip. I did not as it is off label on hips but is approved for knees. I did some research on synvisc. It seems to help some people when injected in the knee but there were some studies out there that said they found it was no better than taking pain meds.
Many of the studies I found on the internet were done by the manufacture. The was one published in the JAMA by two doctors that said it was no better than pain meds.
Most of the emails I see are glowing reports from people saying synvisc has helped their knee pain.
Thats all I know about the subject and it "ain't" much, sorry.
Newfie11
Thanks newfie, well pain meds don't help either I think I'm on all of them. I had high hopes of maybe synvisc working, but of course not not my luck. Well at the rate I'm going I am going to be the Bionic Woman at 40

Reply Reply