It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

lastin HB User
Question Anyone else have cysts at the joints in the back

My MRI showed that I have arthritis in my back. I'm 32. It showed that cysts have formed at the joints. Does anyone else have this? The dr did not tell me specifically what kind of arthritis I have and I didn't think to ask. I was too blown away by the diagnosis. Also if you have these cysts, what type of arthritis do you have?
Thanks!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User
Re: Anyone else have cysts at the joints in the back

Cysts in the joints of your back? Or in the back of your fingers? Sorry.. I didn't understand what you meant? (I guess you would mean between the discs of the spine? I'm not up on my back anatomy).

(I have these weird nodes forming in the backs of my fingers, .. a few of them anyway. I have no idea what they are.. they're small still, but white, just under the surface, and visible enough if my fingers are straight.)

Do they cause you a lot of pain?

Last edited by datgrlstef; 04-12-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #3
(male)

jimmyhonda HB User

I have a cyst at the back of my neck..and I have ankylosing spondylitis. The doctor told me nothing to worry about...as long as it doesn't change shape.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
(male)

shugarbabies HB User

I have a cyst on my hip joint and i got a ct scan for it. I won't know anything for about a week or two what it is.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

When I had facet joint injections, my PM Dr. said I have a cyst in my facet joint...I think the arthritis causes them to form...blocks the drains in the joint, and cyst forms... I don't know what happens...if they go away or what...
A friend had one in her lower spine, and they had to do surgery to remove it...Mine is small...but considering the area, I would think, anything could cause a problem..Guess their theory is if it doesn't cause pain, leave it alone.

Sage

Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
(female)

Miz El HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage48 View Post
When I had facet joint injections, my PM Dr. said I have a cyst in my facet joint...I think the arthritis causes them to form...blocks the drains in the joint, and cyst forms... I don't know what happens...if they go away or what...
A friend had one in her lower spine, and they had to do surgery to remove it...Mine is small...but considering the area, I would think, anything could cause a problem..Guess their theory is if it doesn't cause pain, leave it alone.

Sage
I have some of the same problems...I was diagnoised w/PG-Rheumatoid(RA)..I also have sores that open,and the Doc's say it's caused by RA....

Old 07-30-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
(female)

dutchyswife HB User

My rhuematologist said I had a cyst behind my knee. He called it a Bakers Cyst. I have psoriatic arthritis.

Closed Thread