It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

Kimmy64 HB User
Question Severe arthritis in lower back

Does anyone have arthritis in lower back. I am only 43 and already have severe arthritis in my back. Just wandering what to expect. Any information would be appreciated. thank you

Last edited by Kimmy64; 08-28-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
(female)

Kaye2003 HB User
Re: Severe arthritis in lower back

I came here today looking for some info on this also. My doc dx me with arthritis and bursitis in my lower spine and hips. He said this is causing the pain in my lower back, hips, thighs and my butt (sore along the sides when I put pressure there). Interested in any opinion on this. Also was dx w/fibromyalgia 6 years ago and costochronditis in Jan due to a car accident in Dec 06 (sore shoulders all the time, breast bone pain, and swelling on the left rib cage below the breast).
Thanks for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 AM   #3
(female)

caza HB User

hi i have had arthritis in my lower back for ten years now over the last two years things have got really bad to the point were walking is very painfull . i cut the grass yesterday now i am in bed with severe pain my quality of life has gone every thing i do causes me pain and i know it will only get worse as i age i am only 42 but trapped in the body of a 70 year old . i have recently had lots of neck pain doc said it was to be expected its all down to my spinal arthritis . im not saying you will be this bad just telling you my story take care caza

Old 08-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi, I am 38 now but my back pain started several yrs ago and I was diagnosed with spondylosis (spinal osteoarthritis) in, if i remember correctly, early '06. Well, my pain got progressively worse pretty quickly and I think in Feb 06 i got diagnosed with severe central canal stenosis, degenerative disc disease and mild scoliosis. Now this past May, I have facet joint arthritis showing up on my latest MRI.

Did the doctor tell you what kind of arthritis you have in your spine?
There can be different causes and there are differenty types of spinal arthritis.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
(female)

Kimmy64 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye2003 View Post
I came here today looking for some info on this also. My doc dx me with arthritis and bursitis in my lower spine and hips. He said this is causing the pain in my lower back, hips, thighs and my butt (sore along the sides when I put pressure there). Interested in any opinion on this. Also was dx w/fibromyalgia 6 years ago and costochronditis in Jan due to a car accident in Dec 06 (sore shoulders all the time, breast bone pain, and swelling on the left rib cage below the breast).
Thanks for any help.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #6
(female)

Kimmy64 HB User

I also have Fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease. I know the prognosis for myself can't be great but just wondering what to expect. Sounds like we have a lot in common health wise. Will be glad to help any way I can.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #7
(female)

caza HB User

doc said i have ostio arthritis

Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #8
(male)

CharlesD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye2003 View Post
Thanks for any help.
I have arthritus in my back from top to bottom. Had C5 and 6 fused together a few years ago along with spurs removed.
Now my doctor wants to work on my lumbar and tail bone.
Apparently the nerve that's being agitated is the Pudendul nerve that runs down through the tail bone area out on both sides of the butt through (if you're a man) the testicles and ends at the tip of the penis. For women, I've read it eads in to vigina. It eventually will interfer with everything down there.
My advice is to get this taken care of fast. Because I waited so long the doc says there's very little chance he can do much for me except remove some more spurs and hope for the best. The pain is only going to worsen over time.
I'd suggest begin sitting on a rubber inflatable "donut" now to help with the pain in the butt.
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else with Pudendal nerve damage and what your suggestions are for dealing with it,
Thanks,

Old 09-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
(female)

Kimmy64 HB User

I also have Fibro. and degenerative disc disease. I was diagnosed with Fibro in 94. It is a rough road.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

I am 48 and also have it too. I have had it for about four years now. I also have it in my neck, feet, big toes and elbows. In my case, it seems to flare up from time to time and other times I feel pretty good. One thing I have found that works well for the arthritis in all parts of my body (except toes, I haven't found any relief for that yet) is weight training at the gym. I was concerned at first and thought it might make it worse, but I have had less flares and my back muscles feel stronger since I started. It has also seemed to particularly help my neck and elbows. Chiropractic seemed to help too, but I am pretty sure I stopped going before giving it long enough to make a big difference.

Nancy

Old 09-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #11
(female)

roses4evver HB User

I'm 46 f with a 13 yr hx of fibro and osteo. I've had problems with my back & knees all along. The last 5 yrs have been really severe and just had to have a total knee replacement 11 wks ago because the osteo totally destroyed my joint. The same thing has happened to my lumbar (degenerative disc disease & facets). I had pain injections in the facets 3 mo ago & that gave me no relief. I just had bi-lat Rhyzotomies done 6 wks ago (nerves burnt to stop pain at 6 sites each side) and so far all I have gotten from that is neuritis. Whis is inflammation of all the nerve endings & that gives me 5x the amount of back pain plus nerve pain that shoots down my butt and down my legs! The only option left is back surgery I'm told....not gonna happen at 46 unless I can't walk. So I'm just doing the best I can & dealing with it with drugs. I wish I had a good answer for all of you. I was plain & simple given a bad deck of cards... I was also 1 1/2 yrs ago diagnosed with Rheumatoid, Diabetes & Lupus, all came back in the lab work. Unfortunately, between the diabets & Lupus they have begun to destroy my nervous system. I can barely feel my toes there so numb, but they sting.

As far as the back pain, osteo & Fibro is concerned .......I have a young mind but am trapped in an 80 yr old body!!! It only gets worse......so try & prepare yourself. I wish I had some encouraging words. If you have a good Dr they will put you on antidepressants when the time is right because you'll need them. I fought them in the beginning....but then all I did was cry day in & day out because of the pain & the thought of where my life would be in 6 -12 mo....
It doesn't help matters that I lost my husband to pancreatic/liver ca last Dec either....what is a person suppose to do?????

*~* "Cherish every moment you share with your love, drink life every second you can, love like there will be no tomorrow!" *~*

The following user gives a hug of support to roses4evver:
mim (07-18-2011)
Closed Thread