It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Prednisolone

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
Ronnied
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User
Smile Prednisolone

Hi everyone,

I have been taken off the dmards for a while because of side effects and my rheumy has put me on prenisolone daily. I did not want to do this because of weight issues and a swollen face, but she felt I needed to do this. I have been on the daily dose now for 4 weeks and I am having terrible flushes. I go really really hot, probably 3 or 4 times a day, and at night even worse. Some people may say its my age (49) but I didnt have them before the prednisolone. Has anyone else noticed this? Do you think it is the prednisolone? I have spent the whole weekend swollen and aching and wonder whether I need something else or a higher dose of prednisolone, but if I do this will it make the flushes worse? Appreciate some points of view.

Ronnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Baybreeze
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Re: Prednisolone

Hi, when i've taken prednisone, I have gotten flushed too. I know this can be a side effect. One woman I know took it and got extremely flushed, hot & red and she said her heart was racing & everythign and she stopped it after 2 days & said never again. A co-worker of mine had the flushing when she got a lumbar epidural injection for a compressed spine nerve. So this is common. Unfortunately, the swelling, weight gain, and moon face are very common things that happen when one takes steroids. If you're aching is getting worse, though, then you should probably tell your doctor. By 4 weeks, it should probably be making you feel better, not worse.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Ronnied
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User
Re: Prednisolone

Thank you, I am going to ring my rheumatologist today. Appreciate your comments.

Ronnie

Closed Thread