It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Small lumps on all knockles whats going on now?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
WhereIsTheLight
(female)

WhereIsTheLight HB User
Small lumps on all knockles whats going on now?

New to this topic, I need further information for my mother in law.

Her hands' knockles all have little lumps. They are not painful unless you apply rather good pressure and not otherwise disturbing even though she has lost a lot of strenght in her hands, specially squeezing or when it comes to have a good grip. They do become very sore but only in phase of swelling up and then it is hell. The joints are externally reddish while the swelling is going on and the period lasts from half a day to few days at the time. Looking at her hands I noticed that some of her fingers were not straight anymore.

All make me think of RA but her family doctor told her they were small cysts. Could he be right? Sounds strange that all fingers would be affected and both hands.

One more thing. RA in the feet would affect toes only or other parts and in which ways? If it is indeed RA, are both hands and feet affected or can be either hands or feet without being both?

I ask because she also has sore soles, that find release while walking. Do not tolerate sheets or nothing touching her feet at night, goes all winter without socks and open shoes and cant stand having her feet touching the matress at night. she sleeps barefoot outside the bed and uncovered. Her pain in the feet is on the sole side and the peak point is near the heels (both feet euqually affected). Could it be RA related or simple arthritis or else? Who should I bring her to seek help? Not her family doctor as for him its nothing serious or to be preoccupied with (but he is wearing shoes and socks in winter, her not and it is not healthy at all). i forgot to say that years ago she was complaining about feet burning even when her legs-feet were raised up on a chair, not wearing anything. I do not recall any discoloration thu.

Now wearing socks or worse closed shoes (some type of shoes just drive her over the edge with burning) still give her the feeling that they are buring from inside out. Strangely summer doesn't bother more than any other season on the feet issue but cold water do affetct her hands.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread