It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #1
(female)

Venusrose HB User
Sorry I just have to vent

ugh my pains are worse, today i see pain dr for the 1st time i hope something comes of it

I have to vent cause im angry.... Im diabetic, have a heart murmur, mvp,high blood pressure, diabetic neuropathy, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis & oa along now with depression & anxiety attacks

Im on insulin & byetta for diabetic, lisonopril & ispotin for the heart & bp, prozac & xanax for the depression & anxiety, prevacid cause all the meds mess with my stomache, combivent for the asthma plaquenil, prednisone (was on methrotrexate til had bad reactions & they stopped it) enbrel lidoderem patches, gabapentin, take advil even though my dr prefers i wouldnt was on vicodin but wasnt helping so they recently put me on percocet) I feel like a pharmacy

I live in a complex where its a half mile walk to garbage compactor, mailboxes office, pool... I dont drive & i find i cant walk more then 2 or 3 minutes lately pain in back gets so bad my knees have ggiven out & ive fallen 2x this month, so i talk to my dr about a power chair he says call med suppl store have papers sent he will fill them out but that he doesnt want me living in the chair 24/7, i can understand that & hate the idea of being in a chair but find if im sitting the pain is tolerable where as if i stand for to long i cant bare it, i do get relief in the pool (thank god im in florida hot weather) so the med store sends a physical therapist to evaluate me measure me... well guy comes & insists that i have to use a walker in home & a manual wheelchair outside.. he puts on the forms my 12 yr old daughter is my caregiver, he then proceded to give me an ultrasound treatment & said hed be back tomorrow... im peeved
a manual wheelchair is not gonna help me get a half mile with a garbage bag to my compactor ect, he says i dont want ya in a wheelchair cause it will end up being permenant, & im screwed cause i cant afford 1 i was relying on my medicare to pay for it

Im so fustrated i feel like life is 1 never ending fight, im so tired all the time, my iron count still hasnt recouped from all the bleeding i had from the methotrexate, im turning into a blimp from lack of excersise & all the damn prednisone... my damn husband went & found a woman half his age & is living with her, cut off all communication with me & my daughter, refuses to pay child support (am awaiting the paternity test child support enforcement made me & my daughter go through, idk if he showed up to give his dna or not)

Im sorry all I dont mean to post like this & whine its just a bad day for me.... i hadda blow off this steam & figured this was best way 2 do it

Thanks for listening & tolerating it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
(female)

Grana HB User
Re: Sorry I just have to vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusrose View Post
ugh my pains are worse, today i see pain dr for the 1st time i hope something comes of it

I have to vent cause im angry.... Im diabetic, have a heart murmur, mvp,high blood pressure, diabetic neuropathy, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis & oa along now with depression & anxiety attacks

Im on insulin & byetta for diabetic, lisonopril & ispotin for the heart & bp, prozac & xanax for the depression & anxiety, prevacid cause all the meds mess with my stomache, combivent for the asthma plaquenil, prednisone (was on methrotrexate til had bad reactions & they stopped it) enbrel lidoderem patches, gabapentin, take advil even though my dr prefers i wouldnt was on vicodin but wasnt helping so they recently put me on percocet) I feel like a pharmacy

I live in a complex where its a half mile walk to garbage compactor, mailboxes office, pool... I dont drive & i find i cant walk more then 2 or 3 minutes lately pain in back gets so bad my knees have ggiven out & ive fallen 2x this month, so i talk to my dr about a power chair he says call med suppl store have papers sent he will fill them out but that he doesnt want me living in the chair 24/7, i can understand that & hate the idea of being in a chair but find if im sitting the pain is tolerable where as if i stand for to long i cant bare it, i do get relief in the pool (thank god im in florida hot weather) so the med store sends a physical therapist to evaluate me measure me... well guy comes & insists that i have to use a walker in home & a manual wheelchair outside.. he puts on the forms my 12 yr old daughter is my caregiver, he then proceded to give me an ultrasound treatment & said hed be back tomorrow... im peeved
a manual wheelchair is not gonna help me get a half mile with a garbage bag to my compactor ect, he says i dont want ya in a wheelchair cause it will end up being permenant, & im screwed cause i cant afford 1 i was relying on my medicare to pay for it

Im so fustrated i feel like life is 1 never ending fight, im so tired all the time, my iron count still hasnt recouped from all the bleeding i had from the methotrexate, im turning into a blimp from lack of excersise & all the damn prednisone... my damn husband went & found a woman half his age & is living with her, cut off all communication with me & my daughter, refuses to pay child support (am awaiting the paternity test child support enforcement made me & my daughter go through, idk if he showed up to give his dna or not)

Im sorry all I dont mean to post like this & whine its just a bad day for me.... i hadda blow off this steam & figured this was best way 2 do it

Thanks for listening & tolerating it
I can totally relate to having to vent. I have been ill since 2001 with bacterial gut problem brought about from too many antibiotics. It has ruined my life and if that was not bad enough now I have reactive arthiritis to go along with it! I never have a totally good day because if it is not my gut it is the pain and swelling in my legs and feet keeping me in the gutter! It just seems once you get down it is hard to pick yourself up again. BUT YOU CAN!
I finally decided I had to because NO ONE ELSE WOULD DO IT FOR ME. My whole family is non-supportive and almost look to me as if I am a hypochondriac even though I am on the LAST RESORT antibiotic and have been for 6 years and now all the junk connected with the arthiritis. Fatigue is absolutely one of my worst enemies. My daughters can not understand my not wanting to be super "Grandma" and keep the kids all the time.........don't they think I would like to if able? Husband is sick to death of my constant problems to the point we co-exsist now and really have no love for one another yet he stays out of responsiblity and the fact financially it would ruin him to leave. YES I CAN RELATE!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

Venusrose HB User

Im sorry Grana I know you feel the the husband issue with all this, truthfully Im glad mine is gone... It took more of my energy dealing with him & having to clean after him ect... Now its just me & my tween girl who of course cant understand my pain but God Bless her heart she tries so hard to help me... & im so worried that she will end up with RA also

oh & 4got to update... pain dr upped the percocet ordered an mri of my back since thats where the major pain problem these days are 4 me
& ordered pt 3x a week, they want me to start going to pt instead of the home visits... said they can do more for me @ the center... they keep telling me they are worried that eventually i wont move @ all. the vicious cycle of not moving because of the pain, getting stiffer & weaker because of not moving which then causes more pain ect

i will say this though those ultrasound treatments help some, for couple hrs after its done

Thanks for responding & letting me know im not the only 1 whos fustrated by this & thanks for tolerating my venting

Last edited by Venusrose; 11-01-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
(female)

boots4me HB User

You two have plenty of reason to vent.

Venarose. I'm diabetic, have a bad back, can't walk far, (sometimes hardly at all) had problems with drugs that made it worse than ever, don't exercise much, have gained, but - perhaps you could ask your dr if it would be okay to take L-Arginine and L-Ornithine. You can get it online or at a health food store and they're not terribly expensive. These are two amino acids and they really help give me strength so I can build up muscles in my legs and back. I've taken it at times for years and any dr I've had has no objection.

I was taking care of my 75 year old mother and she fell and hurt her knee and had extreme difficulty getting up from a chair, toilet, etc. I worked so I had to do something. I gave her the combo of these two amino acids and the next day she could get up herself. I continued until the knee pain left and she was stronger than she was before she fell.

I know from experience, when it hurts to walk you don't, then the muscles weaken and you're worse off. Body builders use these along with other amino acids to build up strength. If you can take them and they could help you the way they do me, perhaps it could make some aspect of your life a little easier.

It does say on the bottle to consult your dr if you have liver or kidney disease or any other health problems. I think they all say that. L-Arginine is in some "natural" high blood pressure meds and seems to lower my blood pressure slightly. I take it before bedtime as it takes a while to feel the affect.

Boots

Old 11-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User

VenuRosa, I know what your going thru with the pain. I can't walk anylonger either because of arthritis and as long as I don't try to stand I am not in pain. Well that makes life really boring!! Trying to deal with that is very hard for me as I think I feel ok other then pain. I am diabetic also but not on insulin. And I have stents in my heart.
I can't afford a wheel chair and don't have medicare yet. But I had a friend bring over her moms chair and it has been wonderful to move without pain.
It doesn't help your wrists if you have tunnel carpnal though.
But I can see your Doc not wanting you to stay ina chair. I find it much harder to walk a few steps after a few hours in the chair. I just try to get to the pool so I can float in the water and swim with no pain in there.
I don't have insurance so be happy your getting a chair even if it isn't with a motor. It will help you exercise your body somewhat. I know it isn't easier but it is better for you.
I don't remember what a day is like without pain? Thank god I had many good days without it. You take care and vent all you want. I live here in Fl also and know the rain doesn't help! Sunshine

Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
(female)

Venusrose HB User

Sunshine there are many places in florida (look in phone book or call 211) Center of Independent Living, they have a loan locker, they lend out wheelchairs (power & manual) shower benches canes crutches walkers comodes reachy things ect as long as they have 1 in stock they give it to u for as long as u need it

I went to my local 1 on friday they have a power chair for me said theat it needed a battery they got a battery plugged it in 2 charge when i got there did the paperwork was reasy to leave with it & was thanking God for the blessing but the darn thing wouldnt turn on, red light kept coming on, with it being a holiday weekend they said they will get a tech in to fix it this week but that its mine as soon as they get it working..... I cant wait was so comfy when I sat in it & knowing i will be able to go get my mail throw my garbage out ect makes me feel more like a function person then what ive become lately

please check these places out maybe they can get u 1 also

good luck

Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 AM   #7
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User

Venusrose, I am sorry you are going through all this. I can relate, I have several of the same problems. I am so sick of doctors, lots of medications and severe pain. I have no quality of life anymore plus I work a full time job. Which is getting very difficult to do anymore. I have RA, Osteoarthritis, COPD, Asthma, Myopathy, enlarged Aorta, leaky valves. I had a lung biopsy two weeks ago I will find out results today. They suspect I have lung cancer. I lost my only child in 2004, my husband has become disable and my Mother is dying of Cancer. I have hit bottom but somehow I found the strength to pick myself up and keep going because no one else there to do it for me. I am hoping in the end something good is out there waiting for me because I sure have not seen much of it here on earth. The one good thing was the birth of my son which I had him for 22 years. Find consolence that you are not alone there are others out there that know your pain. Keep picking yourself up and pray everyday.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 11-27-2007 at 05:13 AM.

Closed Thread