It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
reviews on Meloxicam (Mobic)

[B][/B i recently went to the doctor for severe pain in my hip and neck. after taking mutiple x-rays, he told me i have arthritis in both areas. i currently am taking Ultracet for back pain, but that had no effect on my hip or neck. he told me to continue with the Ultracet and he put me on 15 mg. Meloxicam (gen. for Mobic).

after taking this PIECE OF GOLD for only 2 days i feel i was dipped into the FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!!!!!!! i can't explain how good i feel. i sleep the entire night - used to wake up several times from hip pain. i can put my socks on without pain from stretching. i can turn my neck in the parking lot without pain. i really don't know when i've felt this good.

has anyone else had such excellent results with this medication? i'm hoping it is a pill that i can continue to take - for the rest of my life if necessary!!!!!

i really hate all the "warnings" on this medication, but most medications have so many awful warnings that you are afraid to swallow the pill!!!!!

please - anyone who is/has been taking this medication, please let me know how you feel about it.

thanks, lucy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Re: reviews on Meloxicam (Mobic)

You're really lucky that Mobic works well for you. I tried it for awhile and found that it did nothing for me and it was horribly expensive. So, I stopped taking it and have better relief from Advil Liquigels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Same here...I was on Vioxx and they switched me to Mobic when Vioxx was taken off the market. I started ordering it from Canada because it was cheaper. Then I realized it really wasn't doing much good..so now I just take Aleve and it works as good or better...and a lot cheaper....wish I had my Vioxx back...

Old 11-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I had relief from Bextra and then it was taken off the market too.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
(female)

lucybooz HB User

actually i'm taking the GENERIC mobic. i get it thru my husband's work prescription plan and it is relatively inexpensive (thank goodness). i pray every night it continues to work because it was "heaven sent".

lucy

Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

It's great that it works for you.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #7
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User
Thumbs up Re: reviews on Meloxicam (Mobic)

I take meloxicam FAITHFULLY!! I love it. It does help me alot. although i also take Lyrica for my fibromyalgia, the meloxicam has definitely helped me 100% with the headaches i USED to have. since starting it, i can definitely tell you that i have not had any tension headaches or migraines!! which i used to get all the time, almost on a daily basis.

I am in FL.......and here, the meloxicam is a $4.00 medication at wal-mart!!
that's awesome too

good luck to you and everyone : )

Happy Turkey Day!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

That's awesome, it's great that this med is working so well for you! For myself, though, it did nothing I think i was allergic to it because my eyes swelled up huge and it didnt go away until I stopped taking it. It did nothing for my joints pains at the time either. But everyone responds differently to every med, so im glad its helping you.

Closed Thread