It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Can anyone explain what this blood test is please?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
niecsey
Inactive
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Can anyone explain what this blood test is please?

Hi all l will make this brief my docs ordered me to have a rheumatoid/thyroid serology among other tests... lm a bit confused because on the blood envelope theres a seperate thyroid blood test which l know all about (just not long had a total thyroidectomy) but was wondering what the rheumatoid/thyroid serology(double) was? Thanks all x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
niecsey
Inactive
(female)

Re: Can anyone explain what this blood test is please?

BUMP still dont know what it is still awaiting results takes a few weeks anyone in the uk can you tell me please? x

Old 11-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Vergie
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: Can anyone explain what this blood test is please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey View Post
Hi all l will make this brief my docs ordered me to have a rheumatoid/thyroid serology among other tests... lm a bit confused because on the blood envelope theres a seperate thyroid blood test which l know all about (just not long had a total thyroidectomy) but was wondering what the rheumatoid/thyroid serology(double) was? Thanks all x
Hi,

The rheumatoid blood test is to check whether you're seropositive, or negative, and possibly what levels, numbers they are. The higher the #, is an indicator of inflammation going on in your body. At one time my reading was in the mid 90s, and higher, and I felt joints swelling etc....Hope this helps a bit....Blessings ...Vergie

Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
niecsey
Inactive
(female)

Re: Can anyone explain what this blood test is please?

Thank you so much Vergie x l wonder why its a combined test on the test envelope it looks like rheumatoid/thyroid serology. I wonder if it means if the thyroids causing the arthiritis symptoms only l havnt got a thyroid now lol thanks again anyway xx hope your doing ok.

Closed Thread