It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

Running HB User
Negative test for arthtitis?

I have osteoarthritis and lupus in my immediate family. I hurt badly and am very fatigued. I have 90% of the symptoms for 4 years. Has anyone had a neg test to learn later they did have arthritis?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
(female)

moxie42 HB User
Re: Negative test for arthtitis?

May be you should test for Lymes desease , sometimes it masks itself with other symptoms. you don't need to get a blls eye rash to have it.I didn"t and it took ten doctors to figure out What it was.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
(female)

Venusrose HB User

yes, my hands & wrists hurt like hell for about a yr the dr i was with shrugged it off, finally went to another dr who ran blood work, first 2 crp & sed tests came back normal, third time around its sed elevated but crp stayed normal, next time both were very high, my primary said RA & sent me to a rheumy who confirmed it

sometimes it takes dr's awhile to catch what it is

good luck to you

Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
(female)

Running HB User

Thanks for confirming that I am not crazy! I feel like a hypochondriac...one that can barely type. There is a small hard bump on my knuckle (which is also stiff) that worries me. It isnít tender, but the thumb hurts. I will demand to see a Rheumatologist rather than wait until..well I guess longer than I have been waiting

Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
(female)

Venusrose HB User

Your not crazy & yes Id push for a rheumy dr if i were u

I remember 1x crying in my primary dr office telling him i think i was crazy & imagining the pains & stiffness, when my sed came back @ 60 & crp was 1.51 i think he said here look u arent crazy the pain is real these numbers show me u are in pain

because the 1st two blood tests were normal i had actually thopught i was imagining it all

hang in there & i wish ya the best of luck getting a dr to diagnos u & start agressive treatment soon

Old 11-10-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi, i've had arthritis and other symptoms flares on & off for 18 years now and still not really sure if I have lupus. About 15 yrs ago, I had a butterfly rash on my face (and rash on my forearms) after being out in the sun, went to a Dermatologist, he suspected lupus & was the only doc to ask me questions about other symptoms. Unfortunately I had no insurance so I couldnt get a skin biopsy or really follow up. My right ankle's pretty much been destroyed over the years..it's collapsed, I have osteochondral lesions in there, edema, chronically torn & thickened tendons; I have hip problems on & off (which I recently found out I have OA in there); I've had alot of different symptoms with flares over the years. Finally got insurance & went to a Rheumy about 5 yrs ago or so. He did suspect lupus & fibromyalgia. Got a real bad flare one time, he saw my condition & immediately started me on oral prednisone, which worked like a miracle. However, he used to say all my tests came back normal & I had the gamut of tests. Strange is, I have had clear swelling/inflammation/redness in joints, but yet he said my ESR and other inflammation tests came back normal as well. I finally asked him one day if he did think I had lupus & he said yes. But more recently things he said or did seemed to me like he didnt think so anymore...so I really dont know. I have had about 6 other docs/health care professionals ask me if I'm sure I dont have RA. Unfortunately, with these kinds of diseases, it can take an extremely long time to get diagnosed & some never get diagnosed. And there are some that have normal test results, but do get diagnosed.

I don't think there is any blood test for Osteoarthritis, though. I think that's diagnosed more through your symptoms and probably x-rays and/or mri's.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
(female)

kfunk HB User

Help, I am a 44 year old and feeling older. I had a Brain Stem Stroke in May. Now I am having shoulder muscle pain, severe fatigue and occasional severe headaches. The doctor said I was depressed and my headaches were tension. My ESR was 80 and my CRP test showed 3.7 I dont have a clue what these results mean. I know I feel crudey. The doctor keeps insisting that I am depressed. I feel like something more is going on.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
(female)

Venusrose HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk View Post
Help, I am a 44 year old and feeling older. I had a Brain Stem Stroke in May. Now I am having shoulder muscle pain, severe fatigue and occasional severe headaches. The doctor said I was depressed and my headaches were tension. My ESR was 80 and my CRP test showed 3.7 I dont have a clue what these results mean. I know I feel crudey. The doctor keeps insisting that I am depressed. I feel like something more is going on.
Yeah those numbers are high, no doubt you feel crappy, im sorry for that I can sympathize
Have dr given you any type of meds yet to help lower your inflamation?

Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
(female)

kfunk HB User

they gave me naproxen, and scheduled me for a rhuematologist in late January. Im thinking thats a long time to feel yukky.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #10
(female)

louie112 HB User

find a rhummy that deals with younger people. they are m ore sympathetic. All my blood work shows negative for RA. some people hav ra and the blood work never shows it. Enbrell has been my saving grace. i perfered methotrexate, however it made my hair fall out. keep going till you find someone who listens. dr.s can be asses but remember they are only people just like us. research first then go in informed, it knocks them off their high horses.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
(female)

2point7seconds HB User

I was Dx with JRA when I was in elementary school (many years ago). I having been going thru a flare for the past 3 months. I have been to the Rhuemy since I know what a flare is. But my bloodwork all shows I am healthy. After 2 normal tests, my rhuemy looked me in the eyes and said he was stumped as to what was wrong. He knew I was in pain, but couldn't show it with the blood tests. Thank goodness he knew something was wrong, and is sending me to have the full round of tests done again at a university hospital.

Closed Thread