It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

diamond0324 HB User
why do i have pain in my hands

why do i have pain in my hands? The pain is in both hands, it's in my right hand worse.my thump is week in my right .I can't hold a cup for very long my hand is week feeling. please help

Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User
Re: why do i have pain in my hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond0324 View Post
why do i have pain in my hands? The pain is in both hands, it's in my right hand worse.my thump is week in my right .I can't hold a cup for very long my hand is week feeling. please help
I have the same thing. I've been told it's osteo-arthritis. I just started seeing a rheumatologist. She is sending me for hand therapy and they'll probably make splints for me. My pain is worst in the joint under my thumb-in my palm. I keep dropping things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
(female)

kpbatson HB User

I am being tested now for RA (rheumatoid arthritis). One of the top symptoms is morning joint stiffness in the hands. Usually in the joints closest to the wrist and being the same on both sides.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
(female)

ellemae11 HB User

I have pain in my hands also. I do have osteoarthritis. Shakeing hands with someone is very painful. What do you all do when meeting someone and they extend teir hand out? I don't want to apear rude.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Hi All. I was just cruising when this board jumped out and hit me. I have painful hands also along with elbows, back[upper and lower] knees and feet. The rheumatologist thinks there might be something happening but he's not sure what. This is a trick I learned a long time ago about shaking hands with someone who likes to see tears forming in your eyes. When shaking hands with anyone point your index and middle fingers at their elbow. I has something to do with aligning the bones or something. I know one thing, it works! Try it! Fred

Closed Thread